Precision trigger

califoriahunter

Ok so I'm building a lr-308 but need some thought on what triggers you guys like I'm leaning toward a timney but would love to pick so brains!

that's like asking guys what barrel they suggest.

What you want is probably greatly dependent on how you want it to function.

I've got a modified factory trigger with a 3lb spring kit that cost about $35 to get into the sweet spot. I use that on my integrally suppressed 9mm after I pulled it out of my precision 243WSSM.

Put a 3lb Timney into my 243WSSM and it's a sweet set up, but pretty hard to justify more than double the cost of a very well modified factory trigger.
I just don't see it. Not taking anything away from Timney, but once you get any improvement over "FACTORY" you start hitting diminished return.
The improvement you get from a $35 mod, to a $150 drop in, to a $250 ultra awesome...isn't really that big of deal to me.

I've got a 2 Stage NM in my Armalite and that's nice as well, but there is no way I'm dropping $200+ on trying to improve it.

Geissele's are hard to beat, but pricy. For less than half the price, a JP Ent. Competition adjustable trigger is pretty good. Mine's tuned to just over 3lbs, it does have just a touch of creep(only notice on the bench, and you've really got to be looking for it), but breaks very crisp.

I just got the Timney skeleton 3lb. It breaks almost perfect just a bit too heavy on the pull weight yet for my liking. I might have it massaged to under two pounds soon.

just installed a geissele high speed national match in my maten this week and WOW... cant wait to get her out to the range, but it is like no other ive tried.

I have a windham wraponary varmint setup and can't justify dropping 200+ on a trigger. Is there a trigger mod I could do to get a 3lb ish pull? The heavy trigger sucks. I'm new to the ar world and want a lighter pull. How would the RRA trigger work?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.