• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Precision Stock Works RIFLEMAN LRH / LIGHT TACTICAL Stock

I'll post a picture of my stw with John's stock, Hill Country Rifles bedded it and installed the seekins dbm. NOTHING SHORT OF AWESOME FEEL TO IT. It shoots tight and I swear it dropped the felt recoil from about a 308 to a 223. Same muzzle break so I'd guess it's the dynamics of the shooting position? Love how my hand slides into the shooting position. Much more comfortable than the hs precision pro series 2000 in sendero style I had.That was a well constructed stock too. Construction of this is more typical of a high end McMillan feel. This precisionstockworks has a winner here. Hill Country Rifles is awesome too. Gotta go harvest a deer today! C ya.

thanks Ed. hey, how about sending me some pictures and info on your build? i will put it in the 'Completed Rifles' section on my website. FREE advertising for your gunsmith. thanks again for the kind words.
john

Would someone provide the front and rear comb height specs for that stock.

I have been leaning towards the McMillan A1-3 for my next build and this stock has given me second thoughts. I am interested in the width of the buttstock and the forearm?

...Copied this from the McMillan site...

overall length of stock:
approx standard fill weight:
depth of action area:
max diameter action:
forearm width:
grip width:
buttstock width:
max L.O.P. with 1" recoil pad:
drop @ comb:

the front is -.200" and the rear is -.250" from the extended centerline of the barreled action. SEE PICTURE

Attachments

• IMG_2300SDIM.jpg
    IMG_2300SDIM.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 32
more pics with scale. the MAXIMUM Length of Pull is 14.75" which would include a .500" spacer between the stock and Decelerator recoil pad. the 'gray' stock is an untrimmed flattop, the black one is finished @ 13.50" LoP. see the next post for an end-on view of the fore end profile.

Attachments

• IMG_2304S.JPG
    IMG_2304S.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2310S.JPG
    IMG_2310S.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2306S.JPG
    IMG_2306S.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2313S.JPG
    IMG_2313S.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2308S.JPG
    IMG_2308S.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2309S.JPG
    IMG_2309S.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 29
end-on view of fore end w/scale. inlet for a REM factory VARMINT barrel.

Attachments

• IMG_2311S.JPG
    IMG_2311S.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 35
Due to manufacturing cost increases the base price of the stock has increased. The EDGE Fill option (now $100.00) and any accessories have increased 10% in price.