Precision firearm setup and consult.

jmsbigsmooth

Question: If there were a website that provided precise handloads for specific firearms through trial and error and you send a small payment for that information or would allow you to send them your gun to get it shooting very accurately for a set price, How many people would take advantage of this service? Example( Your going on a big game hunt, but don't have time to get your firearm in shape because your too busy with work,travel, too many meetings at the office etc....). You send off the firearm with payment and and in a matter of days, get it back with the load information and the target for proof of accuracy. Just give me your thoughts, good or bad! Thank you

Last edited:
People sell this service and I assume others purchase it.

It would be hard to establish enough credibilty to convince me to purchase the service and go through the hassle of sending you my rifle.

Then, you have the challenge of dealing with poor quality rifles that just won't shoot.

I can't imagine anybody getting rich doing it. But, it would be nice to get paid for practicing.

-- richard

The service would have to be incredibly expensive.
The overhead would be huge as well.
I would call it a pipe dream and likely business failure.

I know of local guys or smiths that do this already. I wouldn't send my gun for some one else to play with. If some one bought be a gift card for this service, I wouldn't use it, I don't think. I would want to know for myself. It may save a guy a couple weeks worth of load development, but that is part of the fun, and an excuse for me to get outa town. I think the deep-pocket guys who would go this route are just going to buy Nosler custom ammo or equivalent.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.