Pre-Work Coyote Hunt

berg jager

Hello, all.

Just wanted to share this story and pic of a successful coyote hunt before work earlier this week.

This one was spotted by my buddy while we were walking back to the vehicle after a failed set. The coyote was about 400 yards out in a large meadow. We sat and tried to call him in. No luck. He just farted around in the meadow. We agreed that my buddy would be the shooter while I circled around in an attempt to push him into better range. No luck. He pushed out further beyond my buddy's comfortable shooting range. So, I pushed out further. Got within 175 yards, shot, and dropped him with a clean shot to the vitals. Skinned the pelt and will soon have it mounted at home.
Cheers,
Das Berg Jager

photo_5.JPG

Nice work! Any time you can sneak in a little hunting before work it's a good day.

Nice work! Any time you can sneak in a little hunting before work it's a good day.

Nephew bought me a nice sign for the Cabin many years ago that said "Born to Hunt - Forced to Work". I modified it at retirement. It now says "Born to Hunt - To Hell With Work". Life is short, hunt hard! gun)gun)gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.