Pre-Weighed Powder Charge?

Discussion in 'Muzzleloader Hunting' started by crappiedan, Oct 4, 2012.

1. crappiedan

crappiedan Active Member

Just curious what most guys use to store their pre-weighed powder charges. I have been keeping a few of the plastic speed loaders with just a powder charge. I'm looking for something inexpensive to use so I can take many loads to the range already pre-weighed. Thanks in advance for any ideas or advice.
    Dan

2. RobertB

RobertB Well-Known Member

Not trying at all to be a smart@$$ but I use brass with bullets on the top. Some consider it to be more but I consider it to be less. Ready to roll. What I said is mine and not saying its the best. But worked so far. Good luck

3. 45omega

45omega Member

4. ENCORE

ENCORE Well-Known Member

I've done this for over 30 years and it works perfect for me. If you can find a place that develops 35mm film, ask them for the empty film containers. I know in the digital age they may be hard to find but, they work perfect, are water tight, the top won't come off, and easy to use, easy to clean. They're re-usable and last forever. Beats the heck out of tubes and such.

5. FrontierGander

FrontierGander Well-Known Member

6. ENCORE

ENCORE Well-Known Member

On a side note......................... which ever or what ever you buy for the range, use a dryer sheet and wipe out the inside. It will keep the powder from sticking to the sides if it does..........

7. ATH

ATH Well-Known Member

This, and other sources of the same thing. They are just screw-top lab vials bought in bulk and repackaged.

The ones which work for smokeless....too small for magnum BP/sub charges....fit perfectly in the 25-rd plastic shotgun shell boxes I have.

8. crappiedan

crappiedan Active Member