PRCS - Primal Rights Chassis System

orkan

I'd like to share a project that I've been working on.

I shoot a lot of rimfire. When I say a lot, I mean I go through a few thousand rounds a month shooting all manner of critters and targets. There are more spent 22LR casings in my driveway than gravel. There is no substitute for actual trigger time. No matter which rimfire rifle I bought, I always had the same complaint. They were tiny. Rimfire rifles are notoriously small unless you go with a 40x or something of the like. So I had an idea to build a chassis that would allow me to purchase a cheap savage bolt action 22, and give it the ergonomics and handling of a larger rifle.

The PRCS lets you buy a standard Savage Mark II and choose any AR15 stock, grip, and hand guard to provide the exact fit and feel you are looking for. You would be surprised how good a 22LR can shoot and feel when it has a ergo grip and magpul PRS stock!

Please keep in mind that what you are looking at is a prototype, and the finished product will be considerably more polished, with cleaner lines, and mil-spec hard anodized coating.

I look forward to your feedback and ideas!

IMG_3817.JPG

IMG_3818.JPG

IMG_3797.JPG

IMG_3822.JPG

A few more pictures with a new rail and different configuration.

IMG_4011.JPG

IMG_4024.JPG

IMG_4025.JPG

IMG_4026.JPG

Extra points to whoever can tell me how far away this deer is.
IMG_4019.JPG

Awesome looking rig! Two questions, will it be offered in centerfire, and how many dollars?

Only guessing on the yearling deer, but I'd say 90 yards. Could be waayy off on that one.

May offer a centerfire version at some point. For the immediate future it will just be rimfire however. The savage mark II is a inexpensive gun that shoots very well, so its something that people can easily pick up and start learning. Thats what this chassis was designed to do, get people more trigger time with a rifle that feels like their bigger counterparts.

Introductory price will be $250 shipped, with more options and accessories forthcoming.

GLZ, you were pretty close. Deer lased at 219yds. I mil'd her at 231. I always like the practice. :)

Last edited:
that is the stock everyone's waiting for!

the $250, is that including the hand guard and rear stock?

would just the "receiver section" be available so one could add their own fore / rear ar styled stocks? - how much would just that be?

if you don't mind, (which i don't think you would) i'll link this up with some more rimfire forums i frequent, as just by looking at it, this stock should be named "hotcakes" as it would probably sell like 'em.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.