Prairie Dog Shoots - 800 round days

BBO

Hello guys -

My name is Brian Beisher and I own Big Buck Outfitters. I'm a new Sponsor here at LRH but I've been a long range hunter for years. Len and Andy thought I would be a good fit here partly because I'm very open to clients who want to take animals at long range. In fact, I have quite a few repeat clients who are long rangers. Several of them are members here and one mentioned that he noticed I'd become a Sponsor.

Prairie dog season is upon us! We are fortunate to have excellent numbers and quality of all the game species we offer, but our top volume shooting experience is still prairie dog hunting. We have a lot of prairie dogs in our area, and if a guy can load, reacquire targets and shoot, 800 round days are not unrealistic. We have one repeat client that has shot over 1,000 rounds a day with us many times.

We hunt out of our lodge 10 miles south of Sheridan Wyoming and provide lodging, food, airport pickup in Sheridan and guide service for $350 per day.

I will be offering a LRH.com discount of $50 off that price per day.

Please email me or call with any questions or to chat about prairie dogs. I hope to see some of you soon!

[email protected]
307-751-0448
sporcic.pd.jpg
My good friend and client Dr. David Sporcic who passed away last winter in a duck hunting accident
prairiedog,white.jpg
My Son Brice with a rare white pd he shot

Last edited by a moderator:
FREE PD HUNTING is up in the air these days. Anyone that has a good place to hunt id keeping for themselves. The $$$SS to be made for Outfitters has taken over PD hunting. Outfitters talk Land Owners into leases for a fraction of what are getting from hunters. Used to be Land Owners wanted you to hunt the PD and would actually even let you stay on their property for free and even feed you. Money and greed took the good times away. Now some of the SD, ND, NM residents still have relationships with Land Owners and get great hunting depending on the year. Some years the PD count is down due to disease or weather.
If you do get a chance to hunt a good Dog Town, after shooting several hundred rounds per day gets monotonous and not a challenge. Kind oa like hunting Pigeons in South America when you have two or three shotguns and cases of shells next to you. How much more of a thrill do you get after 1,000 birds??? Same with PD. Then you only start shooting at a PD over 5 then 6 then 7 the 1,000 yards.
Don't get me wrong i love to hunt PD but not with an outfitter and costing about $1+ per PD.
The Ultimate Varmint Hunting is Wood Chucks. You almost have to Spot Stalk them in Dairy Farmer Fields.
I hunted Chucks since I was a young teenager with a 308 deer rifle. Things evolved over the years and the best chuck hunting was at dairy farmers fileds in NE PA. The reason was that the dairy Farmers always fertilized their Hay fields with cow manure. The starting hay/grass was very good for Chucks. Farmers would almost beg you to hunt them because the Chucks would dig big holes and pull up rocks. Then when the farmer cut the hay they would break their blade and or break an axel on the equipment.
One thing about Chuck hunting is that you have to hunt them when the hay is cut, but then growing several inches to give them cove in an open field. So you hunted hedge rows and fields. Sometimes you could hunt a 10 acre to 500 yd field and then even the adjoining fields for long shots.
Might shoot one or two in a field and move on to another and then shoot 20 in a field.
Probably around 2010 the Natural Gas and Fracking was discovered. They drilled wells everywhere. Milk Farmers the worked 18 hours a day 24/7/365 were now Millionaires from wells/leases on their property. They sold the cows, fields were overgrown and Natural Gas Wells and pipelines took over the BEST CHUCK Hunting in the world.
I still have several hundred fields inputted into my GPS and the Farmers names, but have not gone back up the NE PA in three years now.
Just think every year all the hunting habitat is gone.
Don't get me wrong I am not a crazy environmentalist. I think that they should be Fracking the hell out of those areas. We would be Energy Independent, and cost of home heating would be the lowest in history. There is more Natural Gas in the NE than anywhere in the world.
AND there is OIL under where the Natural Gas is-so the prices of gas would be probably $1.50 gallon if Brandon didn't shut down the Pipe Lines and Fracking.
People in PA need to wake up with voting in Liberal Crazy Green People/ Fracking employees about 40,000 people then how about all the infrastructure that's another 500,000+.
Every place that they Drilled and put wells, they reclaimed the area to look like before and if it was a field the chucks were still there.
Thats all I have to Say.

There has been a lot of guides that come and go.
I still chuckle at some of the numbers I see. I could shoot that many rounds a day easily. My thing is how many confirmed hits folks get. Just because the critter dives and you don't see them come up, does t mean a hit.