Prairie dog in England

The problem is Jeza, that when there are thousands of the things next year the authorities will proclaim the field a sight of special scientific interest and the beasts will be protected even though they are classed as an introduced species and should be destroyed. The general public and the fluffy bunny brigade will be saying " Ah, are'nt they cute".
You and me will be pulling our hair out cos we cant shoot them.
In 5 years when there are 100.000s of them, they will proclaimed a pest and the government will send in the "Ministry Men" to exterminate them and we still wont be able to shoot them.

Ian.

"I mean't to shoot the pike but the duck got in the way"

Yes you are right Ian.The problem is the fluffy bunny lot are seriously winning on all fronts. Soon they will ban the British from being British.
Still if anyone wants to sent over a mate for him its worth a try!

I sure would like to however I dont have any pdogs here in Georgia and I think that would be a bit against the law.
I wish I could get them imported here in Georgia since we have so few true varmints.
Got some groundhogs up in north georgia but not to much around where I'm at.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.