practice

calib

if you guys think you could use or would like to practice your small game shooting on some steel life sized targets check out my post in the west section i have a thread called small game shoot.

We practice quite a bit on 1/2 size steel targets. 1/2 size coyote shape of AR500. Makes a full size coyote look huge and makes a bobcat or fox seem like a piece of cake.

Here's my cousin, a new shooter just making sure his dope is good. This summer it's hanging a ThunderBeast 30BA suppressor on the end...but the results are the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
i like the idea of shooting 1/2 scale targets makes lots of cents to do so. i had 5 each of the rock chucks, crows and rabbits made up where they will tip and reset, 3 each bobcats and coyotes set up with two legs to keep them standing (will hold up to 338 lapua mag and edges at 700 yards) and 1 full sized howling wolf, since wolfs are a management issue around the northwest.

hows that weatherby with the can on it?

DSCN0312.jpg

In my opinion, it's still loud...but it's better. It's a noisy caliber anyway and pretty hot on the pipe. It wouldn't surprise me if he has it re-barreled to a .260 by next fall.

In my opinion, it's still loud...but it's better. It's a noisy caliber anyway and pretty hot on the pipe. It wouldn't surprise me if he has it re-barreled to a .260 by next fall.

i have been thinking of a 260 ai possibly i would like something with a little zip to it

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.