Power boosters...?

Sully2

I read where various sharp shooters have scope "X" thats been "boosted"...to say 32X or 40X...etc.

Ive also searched and found a couple of places that have attachments to add onto scope to give you 2X more...or 3X more power.....BUT..?

DO THEY WORK? Or even better yet....are they useable in anything less that having to look directly into the sun to get enough light thru them???

Anyone use one for their target shooting and ..
A) do you like it?
B) would you do it again?
C) What brand? ( or any details you will give out)
D) Approx cost?

Thanks for any info

I have wondered the same thing too. How do you 'boost' a scopes power.

Sully, I think the boosters you are seeing/thinking of are for use with an Aimpoint type optic, not for zoom scopes.

Matt N

Do you mean like this one?

BulzEyePro All-Competition Optical Boosters with Universal Housing

joseph

PS: I have one on my 8-32 power which is coated. Does it cut down on the mirage? I won't comment about that because I don't want my competition using them.

Yes...Like that or any other type of device. Does it work? Would you do it all over again...and what competition are you referring to? If you mean other shooters..??...then why even comment at all here??????????

I have a couple (2x,3x) I tried on an NXS & Mk4.
Sucked completely..

While they may be sufficient for paper target shooting, they are seriously detrimental to hunting resolution/contrast/brightness.
They sit in a drawer somewhere

It's embarassing because there was never any real reason to think that that this would work without costs(nothing is free).
And I should have known better

Yes...Like that or any other type of device. Does it work? Would you do it all over again...and what competition are you referring to? If you mean other shooters..??...then why even comment at all here??????????

Long range (1,000 yds.) competition. I commented here because I have a big mouth and I only compete for the fun of it. I don't think that I will get my 5 shot groups under 4 inches to be competitive.

Some guys swear by them and some have mixed feelings.

joseph

PS: This one doesn't increase the power very much, but helps with the mirage and yes I would do it over again.

Last edited:
Long range (1,000 yds.) competition. I commented here because I have a big mouth and I only compete for the fun of it. I don't think that I will get my 5 shot groups under 4 inches to be competitive.

Some guys swear by them and some have mixed feelings.

joseph

PS: This one doesn't increase the power very much, but helps with the mirage and yes I would do it over again.

Thanks for the input. You got me beat...Id be glad to hit the target at 1000 yards...:D

I have a couple (2x,3x) I tried on an NXS & Mk4.
Sucked completely..

While they may be sufficient for paper target shooting, they are seriously detrimental to hunting resolution/contrast/brightness.
They sit in a drawer somewhere

It's embarassing because there was never any real reason to think that that this would work without costs(nothing is free).
And I should have known better

Input much appreciated!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts