Powderpuff Elk Hunt

Broz

Well, today I took my wife along for the "powderpuff" version of our elk season. We spotted a small herd of cows mostly bedded on a hill side. We headed up an irrigation ditch and then up a revien to keep us hid. The wind was blowing pretty good so we contintue up and around until we were almost shooting straight into the wind. Diane has graduated this year to the big gun so I ran the field conditions, Baro 25.08, temp 20* Humidity 41%, wind angle 11:00 wnd speed 8 mph. Program says!!! Up 16.5 moa and left 1.75 moa. I dialed her in and got her on sand bags prone. When she was on the elk I went into spotter mode with my bino's. " OK, the bedded cow one up and left form the calf that is all stretched out sunning?" " Yes that is the one I am on" " That cow is facing slightly angled away, so put it in the crease we talked about and it shound exit far shoulder" " Ok,,, got it" "Are you solid and steady?" "Yes... very solid" " I am on her, so send it when ready" BoooooM!!!!!!! says ole " No Sneak" ......................... Whack!!!!!!!!! Done deal!!! Nice shot Hun!!!

Ha! More meat in the freezer.

Jeff gun)-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DSC03253Small.jpg

Very nice results. Thanks for posting the photo and sharing your hunt. Just like clockwork, but it doesn't happen that way by accident. Lot's of homework and preparation required in order to make it look easy!

You put in all the variables into your ballistics program and it spat out the adjuments in MOA. Does yours work perfect for your gun or do you have to adjust for real world bullet drop? If it works everytime, that would be awesome!

You put in all the variables into your ballistics program and it spat out the adjuments in MOA. Does yours work perfect for your gun or do you have to adjust for real world bullet drop? If it works everytime, that would be awesome!

I have varified and adjusted with muliple BC's on my real world drops with this rilfe to well past a mile. I would never engage game not first proving the rifle and program are in agreeance. I have full confidence in the rifle and program now.

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.