Powder

Lefty... I have never purchased surplus powder, been a little bit aprehensive of that. but for brass and bulk Hornady 22 cal pills, you can't beat wideners. No fancy website, no fancy packaging and no fancy advertising, the basic approach works for me.

last load of 308's I got has a less than 2% cull rate.

Lefty... I have never purchased surplus powder, been a little bit aprehensive of that. but for brass and bulk Hornady 22 cal pills, you can't beat wideners. No fancy website, no fancy packaging and no fancy advertising, the basic approach works for me.

last load of 308's I got has a less than 2% cull rate.
Their 872 is basically h870 or aa 8700, so it's a dirt slow tempermental ball powder. I just work from way down the ladder until I get where I want to be. I'm even burning the stuff in my 270 win using a "lot" of the 130 interbonds I got dirt cheap from midsouth as blems. I've been loading that load for $20 per hundred. It's a bit slow and rather compressed, but it puts holes in paper just fine and tosses 5 in an inch at 100 with my tikka on a bad day.
I had some of their 5010 from a few years back. It was good while it lasted, but it went bad and became fertilizer for the front lawn.
I haven't tried the mil surp suitable for the 308/223, but it's supposedly similar to blc2 or therebouts.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.