Powder Used by Remington

Blacktail

I have several boxes of Safari grade 140 swift A-Frames loaded by Remington. Problem is the tolerances on my gun are too tight to shoot the nickel brass. Once loaded i have to shoot them to extratct but they shot very well out of my STW. I took a couple of bullets apart and the charge weights 74.5 to 74.6 but i cant tell what type of powder. Does anyone know..thnx

Chances are good that its not a powder available to the general public.Factory ammo manufacturers have access to a greater variety of powders,including blends and burn rates not sold for retail. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I would bet it's the bullet more than the powder. The a-frames (for some reason) seem to shoot very good in every gun I've tried them in.
I would say go out and buy the bullets.....try some slow powder near max.....and smile.
BTW...have you chrono'd the load? It might not be bad idea to try and match that speed with your favorite powder.
My bet is it will shoot as good as the factory loads.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.