powder scale ??????witch one ???????

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by submoa, Nov 4, 2012.

1. submoa

submoa Well-Known Member

I'm looking at new pwder scales would like to get the best one I can get for under $100 plus I would prefer it to be A/C powered

2. g0rd0

g0rd0 Well-Known Member

you cant beat the beam scales. RCBS, Lyman, Lee, they all sell them. For just powder Lee goes to 100 grns and verry accutate, RCBS and Lyman both have an affordable model that go to 500 grns. I have a RCBS 505 and a Lee and they both are right on the money.

3. Reloader222

Reloader222 Well-Known Member

If you could find a Pacific M Beam scale. Very reliable.

4. submoa

submoa Well-Known Member

ok im sorry i didnt say this first i dont want another beam scale and i should have said around $100

i have three scales im looking st the rcbs rangemaster 750,the lymans 1500XP,and the hornadays lock-n-load bench scale ;-} thanks for your input

5. JackinSD

JackinSD Well-Known Member

6. drwindmill

drwindmill Well-Known Member

I paid 199.99 for my Dillon Precison electronic scale at a scheels store a few years ago. I love it.

7. peter lam

peter lam Member

I see here you all have very useful info for me. Actually I am also looking for bench scale Bench Scale 500lb/0.1lb Legal For Trade Bench Scale 18"x18" roundabout in $350. Let you tell about this something if you anyone have this bench scale and looking for a sale...

8. Canadian Bushman

Canadian Bushman Well-Known Member

I use the gem pro that jackin sent you a link to, its super accurate but a bit finicky until warmed up. Also heard alot of good things about pact.

9. MudRunner2005

MudRunner2005 Well-Known Member

It's definitely not under $100, and it A/C powered, but I use the RCBS Charge Master 1500 electronic dispenser and scale setup. It's well worth the money. Mine works great.

10. Daveinjax

Daveinjax Well-Known Member

You are not getting a quality electronic scale for under a hundred dollars unless you happen upon a used scale at a steal of a deal. Get a quality beam scale and be done with it. All kinds of problems with ac scales and even with the best you need to work on managing the electricity flow and worry about things like the air conditioner kicking on. Gravity works every time. I'm going back to a beam scale myself. I have an old Lyman M5 off at Scott Parker to be tuned and when it gets back the electronic scale is for brass only.

11. Dr. Vette

Dr. Vette Well-Known Member

I bought the GemPro to use as a "double check" with my RCBS Chargemaster 1500. The beauty is that they agree.

In addition, it's generally easier to use to weigh bullets, cases, etc on the GemPro. I tend to turn it on 24 hours before I need it, or sometimes leave it on if I'll be coming back to it in a day or so. It definitely takes time to warm up even with filters on the electrical line to eliminate spikes. The Chargemaster seems ready immediately.

12. BrentM

BrentM Well-Known Member

Currently using a RCBS 1500 without auto dispenser and love it.

Had the 750, hated it. Inconsistent. Took it back for RCBS 1500.

Have hornady 1500, hate it. Inconsistent. Worthless, but it was cheap.

Have a Dillon, used to love it, now it is inconsistent and no longer usesful.

I think ou should spend the extra for the RCBS and get it from Cabelas. If it does not work correctly they exchange no questions. One of the few things I like about that store.

13. Canadian Bushman

Canadian Bushman Well-Known Member

Good to know