Powder for custom 300 Win Mag 180-210 gr bullet

I have switched from imr4831, h4831, h1000, rl22, and rl25 to ramshot magnum. it is clean burning, consistent in various temps, accurate, and gives good speeds in general.

Thanks for the info....Any fps readings you can share regarding ramshot magnum?

For what it is worth, check out # 2 of http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f28/powder-temperature-sensitivity-31096/ from GG.

GG is one of the respected resident SME that most of us look up to; he has done extensive real world (often not found in any reloading handbooks) tests and applications that he often pass on to us.

Good luck on your quest for your load combination.

Ed

I have been doing a lot of research on reloading for the past six months and am just now getting ready to start loading my own rounds. I have a custom 300 win mag, 26 in barrel 1/10 twist.

The barrel was bored for 190 grain bullets and the Berger's seem to work really well. I am looking for some information on what powders you all recommend. I have the Berger and Hornady reloading manuals and I have heard some good things on H4350 and H1000.

Any info is appreciated.

I just loaded up some 190 bergers with H1000. I'll post my results when I'm done.

I use H4350 for 180 ABs and have great results. High velocity and good accuracy for a stock rifle. Some people have told me the H4350 is too fast but it works for me.

I am a firm believer in controlled expansion bullets. The 180 grain bullet Nosler Partitions, Nosler Accubonds, Swift Sciroccos, and the Barnes Tipped Triple shocks ahead of 76.0-78.5gr. H4831SC and Federal 215 GMMP is one of the best loads. In my rifle I get sub .5moa with 3150 fps.
Nat Lambeth

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.