Powder for 7mm RUM???

Captn C

I live in the outdoors, but ihave to stay in the H
What seems to be the best powders for this cartiage? I'm not real "up" on all the techno stuff about powder...what is fast...or slow...

I have read here that the 7 RUM is touchy about pressure...is there a powder that smooths out issue?

keep in mind...I'd like to have a 700 yard deer size lazer...might be hard to do with it being so sensitive with pressure. I really would like to shoot 140's, but you guys have about convinced me that I need something bigger...so I was also thinking about using 160 Accu-bonds. FYI-the gun has a 1:9.5 twist.

OMT-wouldn't a moly coated bullet help with pressure issues of this cartiage????? Or would it hide possible problems????

I've never heard of retumbo before registering for this site, but I see it as a possiblity. Who makes it?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Captn C,

I shot some factory 140s in a BDL and they went 3400+.

I don't think pressure is anymore of a problem in that cartridge than in any other......

For heavy for bore bullets, 170 or so and on up, I'd seriously consider a slow ball powder such as US-869. A load is on the label.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts