Portable bow press

Discussion in 'PSE TAC 15/15i Crossbow Hunting Forum' started by Mike K/NJ, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Mike K/NJ

Mike K/NJ Well-Known Member

Can anyone recommend a portable bow press that will work with the Tac Elite?

2. longtines

longtines Member

Mike K\NJ
    Is it possible for me to talk with you via telephone as I have a few questions for you regarding the use of the back pack sling you mentioned?
    My e-mail is tvieth@new.rr.com,I will call you if you send a number or my number is 715-735-0376
    ThankYou
    longtines/Ken

3. WildWillie

WildWillie Well-Known Member

I've not needed a bowpress. I am able to back out the limb screws enough to loosen the cables and replace them. (Instructions were in the manual)

4. Mike K/NJ

WildWillie, The new Elites are not field serviceable like the Tac 15 was. You need a bow press to change the string and cables. It's in the manual.

5. WildWillie

WildWillie Well-Known Member

My mistake. That is a shame the Elite does not allow it as it makes changing strings/tuning at home much cheaper.

Sorry Mike K/NJ

6. Mike K/NJ

WildWillie, Your right, it is a shame. Being able to replace your string in the field is a major advantage that I wish they carried over to the new Elite. With the recent quality of their strings, it would make life a whole lot easier.

7. Valfar

Valfar Member

Could anyone give an answer for the initial question? Is there an approved bow press for TAC Elite?