Point Blank From Long Range 2

Great videos. Can't wait to show the fiance' them. She will be REALLY hooked now when she sees the kids takin those shots.After watchin both i heard the checkbook callin my name to buy more toys.
Butch, any plans on making any in DVD's for the next ones? Can't wait for the next one.
Thanks for the refund also. Wasn't expecting that. Hands down a gentleman as all on this board are.Keep 'em coming!!!!

Thank You to all you guys, We are striving to make these better and better. It is rather overwhelming to Hunt and run 3 video cameras while keeping in mind the job at hand. If ya noticed I am always out of breath from runnin around like an idiot. Boyd has been a true asset and takes some of my burden away, Now if I can just keep him from going to work all the time. LOL We are currently looking at DVD production. All our tapes are made at a prodution facility and their DVD prices are rather EXPENSIVE. We are working toward doing everything in house to keep costs down and have better QC. VHS may be around for a while yet but how long nobody knows. It is definately on its way out. You just may see the next video on DVD.
I can't wait, Boyd's 300 RUM in 5:1 Digital Surround Sound. Yeah Baby!!!! (That will be accompanied by heavy breathing in the background.) LOL
grin.gif

P.S. I believe the 300 RUM is , without a doubt, the finest LR hunting caliber ever made. No, I don't own one,But I will.
wink.gif

Thanks for the kind word's Butch.Just wish I could do more...I think once you get rid of some of the extra baggage.Thing's will be alot better
shocked.gif
grin.gif
If you know what I mean

.. Hey guys.. My copy of the videos arrived today and I've already watched one and most of two.. Thought I'd get my .02¢ worth in.. Great video.!! Enjoyed the effort and enthusiasm.. Not to mention the "less-than-glorious" descents down the side of some of those hills.. Now I don't feel so bad since I know I ain't the only one slippin-n-slidin around out in the woods..!! Hehehe..
..I have no complaints about the hint of marketing from Bobby Hart.. Those guys make great products and there's nothing wrong with letting folks know they're available.. Thanks for you all's efforts and my hat's off to ya..!! JiNC

PS- We've been playing around and making groundhog hunting videos down here in Va and NC for a coupla of years and it's a real hoot..!! Great for the wintertime blahs..

Finally received PB 1 and 2 yesterday and stayed up late last night watching them.

Great job guys!

PB 1 has some great footage of long range kills, but is obviously the first one done. It made me think of something me and the guys I hunt with would come up with in quality, but the long range aspect made it more than worthwhile.
I am still not sure what to think about having the kids shoot long distance. On one hand, it shows that with the right equipment anyone could do this, on the other it implies that with the right equipment, you may not really need to practice or know what you are doing.

PB 2 is AWESOME. The two camera (shooter and deer) scenes, the "how to" parts and equipment information really make a difference. It is a little rough around the edges, but that is what helps make it real, not like a heavily edited TV hunt.
I really liked the actual kill scenes - especially watching the bullet go in with the vapor trail.
The technical parts with Boyd were VERY informative. I wish they would have had the two camera setup when he was shooting the 5 shot group at the range though - I ended up fast forwarding through that. I also liked the way Boyd put in the part about checking even if you think you missed and other aspects that were sorely missing in PB 1.
While the R.W. Hart scenes were obviously very commercial, it was offset by the parts where Butch explains that "this is what you can do with an almost factory Sendero".
With the substantial differences between PB 1 and PB 2.

I cannot wait to see how PB 3 comes out. Some suggestions based on what I have learned from this forum.
It would be interesting to see the "Spotter Shot" method used on an "Ultra-long" range shot so people could see how it is done and how it can make for humane one-shot kills at really long distances.
Go into wind reading a bit and what it took to get the scope dialed in for the shot.
If possible, it would be neat to see through the cross hairs prior to the shot so you have an idea what the hunter is actually seeing as opposed to the camera. It was obvious that the camera could see the deer better than the shooter, but it would be interesting to see exactly what. What does a deer on a hillside look like through a 20x Leupold at 964 yds?

All fired up and waiting for more!

[ 04-15-2003: Message edited by: QuietHunter ]

QH,Glad you liked them.We are going to add more tech info in Vol#3.And are working on new camera set ups to make the next MUCH better than 1 AND 2...The Hart part of it was a mistake.It was NOT the way we wanted it.But we were caught between a rock and a hard place and needed footage.Will not happen again...............
mad.gif
grin.gif

Boyd, 338-378, Great videos guys, I really appreciated it. Thank you. at this stage I am only a wannabe. But hopefully sooon I will be in the running. Trying to get moved out west.I am looking to build a 338 Lapua.
I would like to see how to handload for the long range shooting. I reload for handguns and a .458 win mag. But this is a whole new ballgame. Thanks guys.

338-378and boyd
I recieved my copies of the point blank at long range videos 1 and 2 and I have to admit these videos are the best thing I have watched inthe hunting department in a ling time. I really liked the the how too parts of the videos and the bullet trail that you guys caught on tape. Not to mention how BUCTH the man!!! puts all those people on target and taking the time up with those kids is just plain good. Need more people in this world like. Only one more thing to add to these things and that is another camera so you can catch all the behind the scene activity thats goes on right after the shot is taken that would be beutiful. Oh yea some body tell BUTCH the man that I have a friend that has just got to be his twin brother. GREAT VIDEOS GUYS LOOKING FOR # 3 GOOD SHOOTING AND HUNTING.
smile.gif
grin.gif
wink.gif
tongue.gif
cool.gif

Boyd
what powder were you using in the 30 hart in PB #2?and maybe you could give your pet load for that round if it ain't to personel.

75.0 grn. R22 , 220 SMK , Fed 210 primer,
Norma 300Wby. Brass.........
It's a shooter but I'm gonna have her bored out to something bigger. Haven't decided what I want yet. P.S. Glad you liked the tapes. I may do something different with the next one. Time will tell. Maybe we'll do some whispering or some **** just like on TV.
grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.