pocket weather staions

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by jimbothepunk, Jun 24, 2010.

1. jimbothepunk

jimbothepunk Well-Known Member

so just finished readind the shawn carlock artical in the new zealand rifle
    (i think........) an hes got me thinking about the equipment i carry. he added a table that compared bullet drop at differnt alt, humditiy and baro presure and temp and lng story short there was 11.5" difference at 800 so here in saying that heres my questions

1 what weather stations r ppl using
    2 which is the best ive been looking at the kelstral 3500 series
    3 whats the diffence between the k3500 and the k3500 nightvision, just the color or am i mising something

thanks

lucas

2. LRSickle

LRSickle Well-Known Member

On the nightvision model, the screen is backlit in red instead of the usual bright green.

3. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

You can get by just fine with the 2500 if you don't want the humidity function but even though humidity is really a non-issue I think you'll find that most of the guys around here go with the 3500 or higher. I've always used the 3500 and have never needed anything more. You can see the features of the different models here.

[​IMG]

4. jimbothepunk

sweet didnt think there was much of a difference i thought humidity was one of the key readings you needed for balistic software

5. jimbothepunk

i got told about a bushnell weather station any1 encounted 1?

6. jimbothepunk

My kestrels on its way thanks guys