PO Ackley Mauser Action

Duvel

I have a 6.5-06(non AI) that Ackley built for my uncle back in the day(well before my time, I'm only 27). It is built on one of Parker's Mauser actions(not an FN or any other mauser, a "PO Ackley" mauser). Any ideas as to how many of these actions were produced? I have a feeling they are rare but I'm not for sure. The way my uncle tells it is when he walked in PO's shop to pick up a FN barreled action in 35 Whelen improved(which is also mine now) that Ackley had assembled for him, he had a couple of those actions laying on the counter. When my uncle inquired about them, Ackley told him they were the prototypes(samples) of the actions he was planning on marketing and asked if he would be interested in trying one out. Sure. So my uncle had him put the 6.5mm tube on it and one of the most beautiful pieces of walnut I've ever seen was wrapped around it and the rest is history. I would have posted some pics, but my wife "fubar"ed the digital camera. women...:rolleyes: Thanks

Cody

I paid about $700 for a similar rifle 2 years ago.

It's a 270 Win built in the Ackley custom shop with a nice blonde wood stock.

However, mine was built on the FN Mauser 98 Supreme action which I was only able to determine after removing it from the stock.

I don't know if it'll ever be worth much. But, I do know he's not making any more of them.

-- richard

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts