Plrf10

wolf and roy.... You guys are scaring the heck out of me with your 23 months, and 15 months waiting!!! I committed to having Kirby build me a 338AX in June. My action showed up there at the end of June, and I have sent a couple emails making sure it arrived, and trying to get an approximate build time for my project, but have not heard back. I guess it is better that he is working on you guys' rifles and getting them out the door. I am now guessing I am at the end of a VERY long line. I just hope I get to hunt with it next year.

Sorry to keep this thread in the wrong direction...
aroshtr

aroshtr,

Not to worry. Here's the way I read things.

My research shows that each rifle or specialty hand gun Kirby ships performs pretty much equally well. Once in awhile one or more will way out do his 1/2 MOA spec. I received one of those. (Its getting long in the tooth and I grieve for it.:rolleyes:

I'm getting old enough that even a week is a major part of the rest of my live:D:DLet alone my complete lack of patience.........

My speculation is that bringing the Raptor to market had eaten some time which will be regained for rifles built on that action. (My luck was that the Raptor became available shortly after he received the Bat-M.)

Then there's his family life. If he as half a brain, and I know he does, Kinsey and Becky aren't lacking attention.

Then there's the stuff of business. Things happen.

When some fellas get to my stage in life they by the Caddy as a status symbol or dump the wife for a trophy wife or some other dumb thing. Me, ha, I ordered myself a 375 Allen Magnum as a selfish, self gratifying and personal reward.

The intended use is for the 50 BMG show off to put the first mark on steel, then it will be my turn. They'll say I missed. I'll say lets go look. When we get there my shot will be in their mark.:D Then we'll do it again.:D Then I'll quietly suggest that the target be moved a bit further away.:D

I may as well get my shoulder operated on now instead of waiting till I wear it out patting myself on the back........ Maybe some botox for my Shxx eatin' grin.......

Just dreamin' but dreamin' big!!

Roy, I am returning from a long drive and visit to NC to see our daughter and her family. I am determined to visit Kirby whenever you pick up your 375. So, I am not at all disappointed that you have not taken possession yet. Aint I a pip!!!!! Today we will visit the Cabela's at Mitchell, SD and then go on to see the faces of some REAL presidents. Will be back home later this week, then I hope to see you real soon after that. I've been trollin' the Bass Pro's with my LRH tee shirt on and will do the same at Cabela's today. So far no bites! Have a good one, and I'll be seein' ya real soon, I hope!!!

Jim

I have no doubt the wait will be well worth it. I just think I happened to order at the wrong time and I believe the wait time now will be significantly less then mine. Again I can't say enough good things about kirby because he is extremely busy and he still reponds to the emails I send and is always nice and apologizes for the long wait when he doesn't have too. I figure if you want the absolute best then its worth a little wait :).

The intended use is for the 50 BMG show off to put the first mark on steel, then it will be my turn. They'll say I missed. I'll say lets go look. When we get there my shot will be in their mark.:D Then we'll do it again.:D Then I'll quietly suggest that the target be moved a bit further away.:D

I may as well get my shoulder operated on now instead of waiting till I wear it out patting myself on the back........

This line of thought reminds me of why I purchased a 25 RUM that was assembled by Kirby. A 25 RUM is not the best fit for hunting big game in Alaska. I've had a couple guys in the local gunshop ask me why I bought a 25 caliber RUM-based cartridge. I tell them I want to be able to shoot at the 600 yd gong after they fire their rifle and still have my bullet hit first! :D Some nod their head slowly up and down as if they understand. Others nod their head back and forth in an expression of disapproval. Either way, I usually receive no further questions...:)

2 years for a rifle is a while to wait....don't have it in me for sure. Do these 2 year build wait rifles shoot so straight it makes up for the proficiency you'd gain by shooting another rifle at distance for 18-20 months?:)

You guys must have other rifles your shooting way out there already, and just waiting for something real special that you've had your heart set on for a while.....right? If so, I get it.

If not....I don't!

PLRF10 just did 2330 yds non reflective target (small clearing on hilltop), and 2818 yds (tower service building obscured by vegetation) with a overcast sky condition and a light sprinkle. Beam divergence, range, small enough to tote/pack/carry...It's the real deal.

Hell! you're as crazy as the rest of us.:D

Is that based on the 338 RUM case of the larger cousins?

It's based on the 7mm & 300 RUM case necked down to .257

If you're gonna go overbore, might as well go all the way. I still can think of no good rational explanation as to why I purchased the rifle. Nevertheless, it does feel good knowing I have it!

PLRF10 just did 2330 yds non reflective target (small clearing on hilltop), and 2818 yds (tower service building obscured by vegetation) with a overcast sky condition and a light sprinkle. Beam divergence, range, small enough to tote/pack/carry...It's the real deal.

Believe it or not, I talked to a gentleman today that said he has a laser range finder that will range out to 27,000 yards. A Russian built unit. I don't know how large the unit is or what type of power source is required to fire the laser. I didn't think of it at the time, but I wish I'd asked if the laser was lethal, or if a bullet was still required to bag the animal. gun) The 27,000 yards is the truth as it was told to me. That's just a tad over 15 miles!

Yes I do have a 338 lapua Remedy from Surgeon Rifles that shoots like a dream that I shoot alot.

Back to the orginal thread I am continually amazed at the PRLF10 anything up to 2850 yards so far has been a breeze and i am sure it will go farther but thats hard to find here in this part of oklahoma.

I am continually amazed at the PRLF10 anything up to 2850 yards so far has been a breeze and i am sure it will go farther but thats hard to find here in this part of oklahoma.

Kinda nice knowng when the time comes you will be able to accuratly and quickly range your quary isn't it? Ranges with the smallest Beam I could find and ranging the target and nothing else. All with a reticle and display you can easily see. :) Gives me a warm fuzzy feeling just thinking about it. :D

Jeff gun)gun)

any pics of rangefinder and ranged items?

Here ya go. I was out playing today. Full light and the arrow actually indicates the small tree that was the target engaged. Sorry for the blury pic. It is a challenge for me to take a pic through one of these. Distance is in yards 2985.

Jeff gun)gun)

DSC02533Small.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts