Please talk me out of this!

SavageScott

I have a Winchester Ultimate Shadow in 30-06, and an Xbolt Medallion in .300 Win. I also have a Savage M220 which provides a GREAT backup gun. I also live in NY where some counties are rifle and some are shotgun. I hunt in NY where some counties are rifle and some are shotgun.

I want a muzzle loader and am thinking about selling my Xbolt Medallion and getting a TC Bone Collector. The Winchester is extremely accurate, and a 30-06 will probably drop anything I'll ever hunt.

Am I nuts to get rid of the Medallion so I can get the Bone Collector?:D

yes you are...save up and buy the new gun...I'm a firm believer in not selling one gun to buy another...That and when I buy a gun, I want my gun count to go up, not break even:D

CVA Wolf break action muzzle loader with Blackhorn 209 powder and Barnes 245 grain spit fire mz. 2 inch groups all day long. everything you need from powder measure, scope, powder, primers, rifle, reloaders and bullets can be had for around $350.
+1 on trading for a new rifle, I may never shoot it again but it's still there if I want to.

Thanks for the replies guys!

What I ended up doing was just selling the Winchester, skipped getting a black powder all together (too much work for me), and buying a Nikon Monarch 5x20 to top the Xbolt Medallion. That's a pretty sweet combination!

Now it's time to scope my Savage M220 :)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.