Please help

kwilliams

I am no expert when it comes to this so please forgive me, I recently purchased a Remington 700 VTR .308 with the Leupold VX3 6.5- 20x50 LR VH Reticle, I had it lazer bore sighted and got on paper easily shooting 150 grain hornady match at 100 yrds, and ran out of daylight, I stepped back to 200 using remington premier match 168 grain, after noticing that the scope adjustments were backwards from any other scope I've delt with, I couldn't even get on paper at 200, I was told the 150 would lose momentum at greater distances... any advice and help would be greatly appreciated!

Different ammo will give you a diferent point of impact so sight in at 50yds then 100 yds with the 168gr load befor you try longer distances.
Leupolds scope adjustments work the same as most other scopes, the direction marked on the turret shows the change in point of impact so if your shot impacted left of your point of aim the you need to dial "right" the apropriate amoumnt

Remember it this way
It's easy to read a "CLOCK" that's "UP-RIGHT".
Broken down that means clockwise moves your CROSSHAIRS UP & clockwise moves your CROSSHAIRS RIGHT on Leupold, & Burris etc etc.
Clockwise does not move BULLET IMPACT in the same direction.

Example
Shoot a Target at 100yds. You hit low & left.
You hold the rifle exactly as you did before, on the bulls eye, & dial your crosshairs over & down to poi which would be counter clockwise on both turrets. Then fire again at bullseye to confirm your adjustments. Then move out to 300 or so to fine tune it.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.