Please help with NFORCE NSX Set-up

In one of the EOL videos on here above he demostrates setting ZS.Im not good at linkin maybe search on here would work

We got it worked right out on the phone and Mike headed to the range with his new rifle for some more shooting.
We went through the zero stop setting process and then found the turret cap was hanging up a bit and not going all the way down. It was either from a dry spot on the O-rings or a set screw an tad bit in too far. But either way we got it going and found Mike has 53 3/4 moa above zero to dial up. So he must have zero cant bases now.

Jeff

We got it worked right out on the phone and Mike headed to the range with his new rifle for some more shooting.
We went through the zero stop setting process and then found the turret cap was hanging up a bit and not going all the way down. It was either from a dry spot on the O-rings or a set screw an tad bit in too far. But either way we got it going and found Mike has 53 3/4 moa above zero to dial up. So he must have zero cant bases now.

Jeff

Good to know, ill be heading out to zero my new NXS with zero stop when I get a spare minute. After I mounted my scope I did remove the turret caps just because I was checking out the zero stop mechanism and my turret also seemed to have a sticky spot in it, I thought what the hell and then figured maybe it was just vaccume created by the o rings sealing and trying to force the air out. If you remove one of the turret screws completly the turret slides on ond off much nicer. Anyway glad you boys got her ironed out.

JEFF!!

YOUR THE MAN! I can't tell this forum enough how thankful I am for the knowledge many of you have, including but not limited to Jeff! What a professional, that he PM'd me his telephone number and took 45 minutes of his own time, to talk me through the whole process.

Went to the range after Jeff's fix and everything is smack dab spot on! I shot two 3 shot groups, with less than 1/8 MOA at 100 yards and the Zero Stop worked perfectly! Now that I know how critical the set screws being backed out are, I feel more confident with mounting a rail back on the weapon, for purposes of overall stability. Jeff taught me that too!

My knowledge is obviously not that of most of you all, specifically Jeff, but I'm all about re-paying favors and if I ever have the chance to, I will.

Jeff, you have a friend in deep South Texas my friend if you ever make it down here and want to shoot a big South Texas Whitetail, its game on!

Thanks again to everyone who responded to try and help.

Good talking with you Mike. That "Score High Rifles" built 300 win sounds like a real shooter.

Thanks for the kind words and now you have my number if you ever need it.

Are you near San Antonio ?

Jeff

Jeff:

You are correct. Mr. Robertson really built a fantastic weapon! I'm impressed, thankful, and blessed all at the same time.

I am in San Antonio. I have some property in deep South TX along the border, and some property just north of here as well. Store my PH# also, and seriously, if you ever make it down here and want to Whitetail hunt, or hog hunt, or turkey,, let me know and I will make it happen.

Jeff:

You are correct. Mr. Robertson really built a fantastic weapon! I'm impressed, thankful, and blessed all at the same time.

I am in San Antonio. I have some property in deep South TX along the border, and some property just north of here as well. Store my PH# also, and seriously, if you ever make it down here and want to Whitetail hunt, or hog hunt, or turkey,, let me know and I will make it happen.

Way cool I will save your number. Now I have two friends in San Antonio. Ever heard of Jeff Soele www.texasbestranches.com ? I made friends with Jeff when I sold him my 36' Skater. The boat that's in the video on his website. We have been friend every since and he has been to visit here in Montana once. Jeff has lots of toys, I drooled all over that black carbon fiber Ferrari. Jeff is a great guy. I hunted a couple of his free range ranches in 2008. Took 2 Axis Bucks, a good Aoudad Ram and a cool Black Buck Antelope in two days. All with a 30-378 loaded with 210 Bergers. It was great.

I appreciate your offer. It is very generous. Who knows maybe one day? If you are ever out this way give a shout. Maybe we could do some LR shooting.

Thanks
Jeff

Don't know Jeff from here in San Antonio, but he sounds like a really cool guy!

Chances are very high that i will be seeing you in Montana for some LR shooting lessons! There aren't too many places around here for me to take such long shots, and it's something I am developing a strong interest in accomplishing.

Don't know Jeff from here in San Antonio, but he sounds like a really cool guy!

Chances are very high that i will be seeing you in Montana for some LR shooting lessons! There aren't too many places around here for me to take such long shots, and it's something I am developing a strong interest in accomplishing.

That would be sweet!! We would have a great time. gun)

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts