places to shoot 500 ++ in PA??

dave were do ya live ? randy here , i live outside of york pa, an the only 300 yard range is north of carlisle pa. public ,that i know of . there is a couple clubs like shippensburg game & fish, they have 880 an st.thomas wich is west of chambersburg 10 miles they have 400 plus yds . thats all i know . hope that helps...:D

reade range? never heard that ill look it up thanks guys. im in altoona area.

Dave1,

Ridgway 1000 yards

South Fork Rifle, Home of the Western PA Long Range Ground Hog Matches 100/300/500 yards
All shooting in matches are from cement top benches. For More info contact Joe Fox at Joe's Gun Shop 814-736-8652 or John Kuntzman 814-344-8789. No 50 BMG's, Rail Guns, or Automatic. Near Johnstown.

Good Luck

Dennis Keefer

The Ridgeway Rifle Club is a great range. Requires membership but has ALL types of shooting available from indoor rimfire to 1000yd. Have steel targets and berms at 200, 300, 400, 500 meters and then again from 800-1000yds. (valley in the middle)

They also have started a LR Silhouette Bench Rest competition. Crows/Groundhogs/Bobcats/Coyotes at 850-1000 yds. It's a fun switch from the norm.

Howdy . . . new guy on the block . . . . located SE of York, PA and would like to touch base with current long range shooters in the area . . . . looking for a place to do some test shooting with new gun and scope . . . . . not really a hunter . . . yet.

I mentioned Atglen previously. Also, Shippensburg Fish and Game goes out to 800 yards, and we have monthly groundhog matches to 500 meters. Here is their link:

Shippensburg Fish & Game Home

PM me if you have more questions. We have quite a few members from York County.

I went to check out the Reade Range near Glasgow, PA. It is a very nice range and the membership is 40$ I guess it has its up and downs for a shooter. If your not shooting competition, it might not be beneficial.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.