Place to shoot in western MT

Discussion in 'Shooting Ranges - Places To Shoot' started by smoknclays, Feb 23, 2008.

1. smoknclays

smoknclays Active Member

Deep Creek shooting range has pistol up to 1000 yard matches gun)

2. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

Could you give us location help, please?

3. smoknclays

smoknclays Active Member

they have a web site its out east of missoula do a search on deep creek shooting range

4. MT300RUM

MT300RUM Active Member

I used to be a member of the deepcreek range and i never saw anyone shooting pistols at a 1000yds, :D

5. jmden

jmden Well-Known Member

I was a member there for a couple of years. They are just west of Missoula kind of off the 'Big Flat' area and then along the river.

Here's a google map link with an approximate marker: Untitled - Google Maps

Deep Creek Range is one of Hellgate Civilian Shooters Association ranges. Click on their link for membership and other info:
    http://hellgatecsa.org/index.html

There is a 1K range there, but you must (last I knew) join a separate 1K club to use it on certain days/times. There have been some phenomenal groups shot there and quite a very few top end shooters shoot that 1K range. Duane Capehart runs the 1K portion. There is a 100 and 200 yd public range ($2, I think) and a number of other ranges out to 500yds (w/ a gong or two on a tree out to 700 or so--nailed them a few times). Pretty nice range all in all.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2009