Pittsburgh Pa. New guy

Rshooter

Greetings to everyone
I have found that I have alot in common with many people on this site in regard to my shooting and hunting preferences so I decided to sign on. Some very experienced and helpful people here.
I have been a member at 24hourcampfire for a good while & tend to be more of a listener than a talker. So don't worry about me posting alot of useless babble.
I try to pound the groundhogs pretty hard here in the summer & head out west every year for elk hunting.
So I'll be one of the quiet ones mainly listening and learning.

Thanks Ron

Hi Dave
I'm located in Gibsonia so I'm in your area. I belong to North side sportsmans assc. and Lawrence county sportsmans club so maybe I'll see you around.

Thanks Ron

Hi Armored
I have enough of them to make the decision difficult sometimes. My semi long range rig was built by Dave Bruno. It's built on a stainless Sako 75 action, Hart fluted ss #4 bbl. @ 25.5" with Dave's own same contour brake. It's wearing a Mcmillan stock & chambered in 338RUM with a short throat. I,m running 225 gr. TTSX's at about 3200. I pretty much limit my shots to 1000 yd. or under & have had great results with this combo.
For the thick stuff I normally carry a 1st gen. Remington Ti. in 30/06 with 150 gr Tsx's. It's Black ice coated & wears a fixed 4.75 power Weaver grand slam and comes in at an even 6 lb. unloaded. It is a pleasure to carry as we diy hunt and normally camp at 11,200'.
Have a few others that are either built or factory setups that I have tweaked until I get them shooting where I want them.
My current project is starting load development for a lightweight 300RUM that I can use when we spike into a more remote area with long range shot potential.
I could go on but will stop there.
Have been doing this for many years & always enjoy the challenge.

Thanks Ron

Ron, I primarily shoot at NSSA. I need to get signed up again for LCSA. I've always focused on 100 yard since that's about all I can get for my hunting in this neck of the woods. I want to hunt out west at some point, so I want to stretch things out to the 600 yards that LCSA has and also head to Thunder Valley for some even longer pokes this summer.

Thanks for the welcome guys. I may have to look into Thunder valley myself.

Thanks Ron

welcome. im from bama but have a buddy from greensborough think how its spelled. he taught me a lot about shooting/hunting. he loves a 280.

Hi Semper Fi
The town you're thinking of may be Greensburgh, not too far from here.
As far as hunting black bear, I've never given them a try. Their numbers are definitely rising as they are seen & taken in more and more parts of the state.

Thanks Ron

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.