Pistol Length Quad Rail

gp816

I've been looking for a 4"-4.5" quad rail and have had a hard time finding good descriptions on whether or not some of them need smithing. I know free float tubes usually do but several of the quad rails I've seen are been described as free float rails. And the attachment to the upper receiver looks a little different than the carbine length rails.

Has anyone used pistol length rails? And how difficult it was to attach it to the upper?

I've never seen any rail that needed smithing to attach. At the very MOST, you will need a barrel nut wrench. That's the only special tool I've ever seen needed to replace the forend with a free float rail.

Thanks. I've never installed a new rail or tube to an AR so I was just going off of what I'd seen people say in their reviews of different rails. I found the one I want anyway and it looks supper simple to attach.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.