Pierce Engineering - Lansing, Mich

I just ordered a Pierce titanium action to build a 26 Nosler on. I'm trying to go light with this rifle and Nathan Dagley recommended Pierce. He will be fitting a Hawk Hill barrel onto it.

How's your build going, are you impressed with the Pierce Ti action?

I ended up having Pierce build the rifle for me (long story). I actually ended up having it re-barreled to a 28 nosler and had Pierce build a 6.5 GAP on a titanium action as well. As of right now I won't use any other action and the guys at Pierce are awesome to deal with! They answer the phone every time I call, answer emails quickly, and go out of their way to make any request happen. I do try to stay out of their hair as much as I can, though, but they always take time to talk over any ideas. They are very thorough about making sure any leftover parts are returned and give detailed information where needed. I really can't say enough good things about them.

+1. They have built 3 sticks for us so far. All sub moa shooters Guess we are lucky that Pierce is so close to us, an easy 1.5 hour drive.

If you have the wallet, they build the stick.

I ended up having Pierce build the rifle for me (long story). I actually ended up having it re-barreled to a 28 nosler and had Pierce build a 6.5 GAP on a titanium action as well. As of right now I won't use any other action and the guys at Pierce are awesome to deal with! They answer the phone every time I call, answer emails quickly, and go out of their way to make any request happen. I do try to stay out of their hair as much as I can, though, but they always take time to talk over any ideas. They are very thorough about making sure any leftover parts are returned and give detailed information where needed. I really can't say enough good things about them.

I stumbled across this on my Internet travels Nosler Reloading Forum • View topic - Pierce Engineering Experience Hopefully that was just a mere slip-up by Mr. Pierce and that no 'ill will' was intended? Myself, contemplating a custom build on their Ti Action, it's kinda refreshing, hearing someone endorse them and their product.
Interesting you say about them going "out of their way to make any request happen".
I spoke to one of the Jims myself, and he seemed a really nice guy. A problem I've got with their actions (and I know it's only purely cosmetic and personal taste, however, contemplating a build that's gonna cost inxs of some NZD$7,500 Plus scope and rings, one wants to hit the mountainside with his new rifle and absolutely 'NO' inhibitions) I'd therefore like a bolt handle shaped to my choice as I find theirs decidedly bland and far from complementary to their actions! Not many may agree with me, as I've said, it's my own taste, however, when I mentioned that even a standard Long Action Remington Bolt Handle would suffice, he merely said "they won't fit our actions!"
Now, weather or not he misunderstood my question, and thought I was wanting to swap the whole bolt or not, I don't know, however, I can't help but imagine it's gotta be the most simplest part of an action manufacture to simply install a 'handle' to the customer's preference!
Anyway, one of the selling points is, that they're more than willing to machine their actions (and at no extra cost I might add) to accept Kevin Wyatts CFE-9, 4" magazine box, which is a major plus, and a reason that I want to deal with them, as it gives me greater options for longer magnum cartridges, both now, and in the future!

No matter what your business venue is, there will be a percentage of fock ups no matter what.

That goes with the business territory.

John Pierce isn't the most personable person you'll ever meet and normally he isn't even in the shop, he's out at a F-Class match or up at Brian Litz's place or at home building loads or racing one of his race cars (they build race engines too).

The guys in the shop are super. When we go there, they always make you feel right at home and I, myself have learned much from just talking to the crew.

Everyone's rifles are there to look at (I might have looked at rifles destined for members here, not knowing it). Nothing is secretive, nothing is hidden.

It's not like going to Cabelas, where it's all neat and tidy and there are uniformed sales staff there to wait on you. It's a machine shop and race engine shop so all the employees wear whatever and there is stuff everywhere and machines running and people scurrying around...

I'm always impressed by the focus each employee has on their job.

The last 2 sticks they built, I wanted them chambered in sucession, with a Bisley reamer (Bartlien Barrells) and they were. That eliminated 2 sets of custom machined dies to one John Whidden bushing die, made th the chamber print. I get what I want but I am willing to pay for it. Pierce Engineering ain't cheap by a long shot, but I see (first hand) the stuff they build, from their wire EDM'd receivers to the chambering and everything is good.

You get what you pay for.

I have been involved with 4 builds that J. Pierce has done. I am looking forward to the day that I can increase that number. Everything associated the experiences that I have had has been at the very least great. Without any qualifying statements I recommend Pierce Engineering, and I consider their work to be as value priced as it gets.

I'm just starting one with pierce can't wait to finish it. Not sure if I want them to do the whole thing or just the barrel action and have the rest don somewhere else or myself. Thinking I want them to do the whole thing but am I over paying for that.

Money aside, what do you guys think of Christensen Arms Summit Ti as a rifle? Already complete, has 1/2 MOA Guarantee, nice and light and ready to go! gun)

After looking over what they have I would do a kimber ascent myself. Hard to beat. I'm actually trying to beat it by using everything to I can from pierce and other sources.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.