Pictures of big heavy longrange rifles -let's see them.

Nothing done to customize it yet, the wife just found out about the new Sightron that should be here soon and if I spend any more money on gun stuff I'll find out how comfy that couch really is! 110 BA in .338 Lapua wearing a Millet 6.5 - 25 x 56 in this picture. About 20 lbs or so with full magazine, never weighed it so just a guess. Am planning on taking it out ona cow elk hunt in 2 weeks so I'm sure it'll feel like 40 when I get back :)

Attachments

• new gun.JPG
    new gun.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 157
Here is my 375 Allen Magnum built on a Stiller TAC 408 single shot, along with a couple pictures of a 719 yard Antelope and 300 yard Aoudad sheep, first blood for this rifle.
IMG_1576.jpg

IMG_1577.jpg

IMG_1654.jpg

PA230275.jpg

My first custom is also my first long range gun. I searched forever before deciding on the colors, so I figure I owe everyone who has posted pics before.

It is a Defensive Edge Canyon Rifle 338 Edge in Desert Web and stainless cerekote.
Shawn and Bob tell me it is a first in this color combo for them. Boy, was I nervous waiting to see how it would turn out!

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

I just gave my rifle a make over... what do ya think of her? The olive drab was pretty beat up. I plan to do a little F-T/R shooting this summer, so hopefully looking good will make up for a bad score!:D The only thing its missing is the cheek rest in this pic.

Newphonepics1-13-12017.jpg

Newphonepics1-13-12016.jpg

Newphonepics1-13-12015.jpg

Before the chrome was added
Newphonepics1-13-12010.jpg

Here is my 338 Lapua.
Savage Target Action
32" Douglas Barrel
APS Medium Painkiller Break
Bushnell 6-24x50 4200 Elite Tactical
Stockade Prairie Dog Special/Tactical stock
Weighs in at 20lb's.

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
I could have asked this question on any other website in the world and no way would i get to see this many LRhammers !

Thanks to all and keep them coming if you've got them.
Where is the big 60lb'r that Kirby put on here a few years ago -black and red mcmillan 338AM ?
Never forgot that rifle.

338/300 Ultra on a Savage with a 30" no taper barrel. It's wearing a 6-24 Sightron SIII now and rifle/scope weighs 14lbs. 10oz.. No brake, felt recoil with 300s to me seems no worse than my old 721 30-06 shooting 180s. I'm sure that's in part due to ergonomics. It ain't a carry rifle for sure so I'm going to weight the stock to balance it a little better(it's nose heavy, imagine that:rolleyes:).

chuckpic007.jpg

280AI on a Rem 700 with a #7 contour barrel. 15lbs. 2oz. with a Nikon 6.5-20 on it. With the weight and the brake I could shoot this rifle all day long. Little girls could probably shoot this rifle all day...if their arms were long enough to reach the trigger!:D

280AI001.jpg

What stocks are those? Im really digging them

at the distances your talking about id be more interested in accurate than big. at least as far as cartridge size.
head shots should be fairly routine at those distances. if you want to stop them right there, right now, thats the way to do it.
ive watched whitetails walk off like nothing happened after being hit in the ribs with a 300gr 338. granted they didnt walk far, maybe 100' but they did walk.
as for the muzzel brake, by far the most important reason for having one is seeing your own hits.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.