Pics to get ya fired up for Pred. season !

PM's sent back on Rifle...

here is the info....

specs are :

Stiller Predator action
Stiller 20 MOA rail
Krieger 7.5 twist light palma barrel at 26"
Jewell HVR at 32 oz.
McMillan Classic stock
HS bottom metal
Cerakote black
Nightforce 2.5-10x32 Compact HV reticle
Seekins Rings

100_01762.jpg

100_0178.jpg

100_01741.jpg

Why a 7.5 twist and what kind of velocity are you getting with that beast?

Tank

the fast twist is to stabilize the heavy, high BC bullets. I designed this rifle to hunt coyotes in the wind that never stops in Wyoming. It is not uncommon to hunt in 10 to 20 MPH winds. The lighter bullets will not work out here for that reason. Therefore, the fast twist to stabilize the 105 to 115 range of bullets I use in this rifle.

It only drifts 13 inches at 500 and 20 at 600 compared to a 87 Vmax that drifts 19 at 500 and almost 30 at 600. Not to mention the drop difference.

i would like to have that truck full of coyotes and head to Virginia, i heard they offer a bounty for each one killed. 50 bucks a coyote and i would guess about 50 on the truck. thats enough for a couple new guns to shoot more coyotes with. lol :D

Congratulations. That one in your right hand looks really big. Is that the gun in the picture that you use to shoot them...tell us about it.

The bear and the dog in the bottom pic were shot with the levergun, its a browning repro of a win. model 71 carbine, chambered in 348 win. a little much for yotes but its a handy rifle in the thick stuff.
The dogs in the top pic were shot in ky on a deer hunt, one was taken with the 7mm AM, the other fell to a 95 gr BT from a 6mm.
RR

Got a double this morning with my calling partner Jim and his dog Shimer... our landowner had been bugged by them for a couple weeks.

316 yards on my male and 309 yards on the female Jim shot.

6x47 Lapua 105 Amax and 243 WSSM Oly Arms AR15 87 Vmax.

Double3.jpg

J_S.jpg

S_S.jpg

Here is a look back to where we called from... started 8 ridges down and snuck up to 2nd ridge back. they howled and wouldn't come so we moved up on them and called again. found them at 830 yards and called them in to where we shot them...

look_back.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts