PICS OF MY TRIP TO KRUGER SOUTH AFRICA

LRHWAL

I was fortunate to spend a week in the Kruger National Park recently.

Here is a link to a free hosting site for some of the pics that I took. There are more than 60 photos, so I figure this is the best way to do it.

You just always have to marvel at it. I'm speechless, but the pics do all the talking. That said I'm no guru wuth a camera, but God provided the opportunity for the shots.

Anyhow, I hope you enjoy them and thanks to Len for allowing me to post this.

Go to www.bugbitten.com/bugwimbitten . Click on "Where I've been" on the left, then click on "South Africa" – the password for the adventure is "knproodewal".

Wim (JHB, South Africa)

Len,

some really waesome pics. I live in JHB and have travelled a bit in Zim, Zambia, Botswana, Namibia (but not nearly as much as I'd like). I've never been further north in Africa.

Where were you in Tanzania? I see you referred to the Ngorongoro crater.

Wim

Wim

Thanks, we were in the Serengeti and Crater. We stayed at 3 different lodges plus a tented location. We had our own vehicle and driver. This was my 3rd photo trip to Africa.

[ QUOTE ]
Very nice and it brings back memories.

[/ QUOTE ]Quite agree - actually my memories are rather cloudy - Do ALL South Africans start a six-pack of "Lion" at 8:30?.

I think my best memory af African trips was waking real early about 4000m up Kilimanjaro (Centenial Climb 1989) - looking out over a sea of clouds and watch the sunrise. It was my 30th Birthday - what a start. Sadly flunked getting to the summit.

Sorry guys, I replied to this, but somehow I seem not to have got the post up!

I probably closed the screen in the preview!

Chris - no, we don't start the day with Lion. But that's only because it's been discontinued here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The can was made blue and it just wasn't "Lion Lager" anymore! Apparently you can still get it in Botswana and some of the guys on the trip (who must have fond college memories) were hatching a plan to get hold of some.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thomas - yes, on the S100 near Satara and a frined sent me a similar photograph taken on the S100.

He's not listed as one of the KNP tuskers at the Elephant Museum at Letaba and the guy I spoke to there said that several visitors had asked about him.

I may send in the photos to the park as I figure he desrves a spot with that ivory - even though he is dentally challenged!

Sorry to get this reply onto a sort of private chat "if you haven't been there you won't know" sort of tac, it wasn't intended to make it "exclusive".

Wim

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts