Picatinny or 1piece tally?

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Iclimb, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Iclimb

Iclimb Well-Known Member

Putting a nightforce on my stw and I need to decide between a picatinny rail or the 1piece tally's.
    If picatinny who makes the most accurate consistent? This is the order I was thinking of looking
    Tally
    Egw
    Millet
    Weaver

I want quality but I can't honestly pay $100+ for a base. I won't skimp if it's worth it. Someone tell me I can get a good base for a decent price

2. kcebcj

kcebcj Well-Known Member

You can't get any of this stuff for 100 bucks but Near Mfg builds one of the best Picatinny rails on the market then it's downhill from there. Seekins is also right there with the Near. When installing have your smith bed the rail to the receiver (to align perfectly with the bore) then use quality rings.....Near, Seekins. Vortex.

3. Sully2

Sully2 Well-Known Member

EGW Picatinny....lots less than $100

4. Reformed Yankee

Reformed Yankee Member

I'm a fan of the 1 piece Talley, but that's also assuming that you don't need an MOA adjusted base.

5. Sully2

Sully2 Well-Known Member

Ive been using 15 MOA EGW picatinny mounts???

6. Reformed Yankee

Reformed Yankee Member

The Talley 1 piece mounts don't connect to a rail, the whole base of the ring mounts directly to your rifle. That's one of the things I like about them. Less parts. BUT to the best of my knowledge they dont make 1 piece tally's that have an MOA correction, so they are great if you don't need that, but if you do then a Rail and more traditional rings is required.

7. Sully2

Sully2 Well-Known Member

I dont get what your aming at...but it doesnt matter???

8. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

Attached Files: