Picatinny bases needed for BROWNING A-BOLT

cwinner

Anyone know of a high quality Picatinny base for a browing A-Bolt short action? I have found EGW on the web and Warne for long actions, but no other luck. Any help would be appreciated, I am having my old 284 re-barrelled and would like to trick it out a bit once it's ready.

Thanks.....I use NEAR bases on my Weatherbys' and am looking for someting similar in quality for the new stick. gun)

Does anyone have experience with thest EGW bases? I have seen some mixed reviews and am looking for a few oppinions............I have a couple of months before I need one.

I have used EGW Pic bases on several A-bolts in 300 Win. Mag. and 7mm Rem. and have never had a problem with any of them. You can spend as much as you want but why not try the lower cost first ? Near's are definitely top of the line, but again EGW has always worked well for me. Good luck with your project.

Thanks for the input....I have not had any luck finding anything other that EGW so I guess I;ll order some and try them out.....not many options for this action.

One of the pop-ups on this site makes them. Look for the Titanium scope mount ad. But they are big bucks $$$$. Again, I like the EGWs.

I just found out that NEAR manufacturing is making these for both long and short actions.......my new short action base 20MOA NEAR base came in last week and I replaced the EGW base I had been using.

I thought I would update this thread with this new information.

I don't know there was anything wrong with the EGW's but The steel vs aluminum thing was bugging me......I mainly switched them to make me feel better.gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.