Pheasant hunting: South Dakota

Greg Duerr

For the past three years I have hunted the Standing Rock Siox Reservation for Pheasants and Sharp-tail Grouse.............I have always hunted right around FT. Yates. Would love to try the part of the reservation in South Dakota but Im not familure with that area. Does anyone out there have any experiance hunting that area.
The best think about Standing Rock is there Hunters Special.............My wife and I get a hotel room plus our breakfast and Dinner Buffet for $53 a day....................................

Im looking for other area's to hunt Pheasants on Pulic land...............................

Greg

Greg,

Any of the national grassland around Pierre is a good place to hunt. I hunt sharpies and prairie chickens there in mid September. There is a bunch of pheasants in the area too. Its not reservation land but there is all the public land you will need.

Kyle

The sharpie hunting was outstanding. We hunt the same fields every year. Last 2 years there was not a sharpie to be found, chickens were every where. This last year just the opposite, few chickens and sharpies every where.

I hunt out there for 2 weekends in September, pheasants are plentiful. Never hunted pheasants there, have good hunting closer to home.

Kyle

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.