PGW/KMW 338 lapua by RMR

gun_rat82

Here's a kick *** project we just finished
Its a PGW timberwolf action with a Kreiger barrel @ 28" and a Badger Ord. brake. KMW sentinel stock and shilen trigger(not installed in picture).

IMG_1676.jpg

IMG_1672.jpg

IMG_1674.jpg

did I mention that I love my job!!

Hello my friend !

You have my interest with that nice looking stock and rifle.

I had never heard of KMW before, but I did know of Terry Cross.

That stock looks awsome. Apparently it is made by Mcmillan ? CAn you tell me more please. How does it compare with other thumbholes ie AICS and th Manners GAT ? I have a love of the feel they have and because I find the A5 to bulky in the grip.

I currently have a HS sendero stock and DE cheekpiece but am looking at a more prone friendly stock .

Cheers mate !

DUH

here's a good link for info on the stock
http://www.kmwlrs.com/sentinel_combat_stock.htm
this one was made with mcmillan's marble to 1/3 o.d.green 1/3 light tan 1/3 black. it has flush mount QD hardmounts on each side, and inletted for a pod-loc kit for a harris bipod
I love the feeling of the stock, it has awesome ergonomics. It's not light due to integral lead weights, but it feels good in any position, and weak-handed. Our stocks were ordered inleted for the PGW actions, but I'm sure McBros will do any specified action and bottom metal inlet.
I think its a pretty good stock for something in the 338 lapua class, but I think there's more appropriate stocks for the 308, 6.5x284 , etc. class rifles.
cheers

I'm courious if Terry built that weapon or not , last i heard was that his stocks were only for sale on a fully built weapon comming out of Forest Hill , Louisiana (Terry)

Thats supposed to be a realy nice stock to shoot prone , but like I said I had heard it was only avbailable from KMW on their builds.

That is one fine rig though

I know people that would sell a kidney to get a rifle built on one of Terry's Sentinel stocks. AS far as I knew he was only selling them on project that he built. If he built your rig - good for you. You will love it and it will shoot like a wild man. I love the 7WSM that Terry built for me.

JeffVN

here's a good link for info on the stock
Sentinel Combat Stock
this one was made with mcmillan's marble to 1/3 o.d.green 1/3 light tan 1/3 black. it has flush mount QD hardmounts on each side, and inletted for a pod-loc kit for a harris bipod
I love the feeling of the stock, it has awesome ergonomics. It's not light due to integral lead weights, but it feels good in any position, and weak-handed. Our stocks were ordered inleted for the PGW actions, but I'm sure McBros will do any specified action and bottom metal inlet.
I think its a pretty good stock for something in the 338 lapua class, but I think there's more appropriate stocks for the 308, 6.5x284 , etc. class rifles.
cheers

rat 82,

Thanks so much for the link. I was just looking at it.

Do you know what the AICS mags alow for with OAL ?

Once again, sweet rifle !

DUH

The sock came inletted from KMW & we glass bedded the PGW recoil lug plate + pillars. We did the chambering, throating, and instalation of the brl. The next step is going to be powder coating the barreled action + brake matte black.
this is a baddass rig!
I just wish we were doing the load development so I could get some trigger time on it!

We ordered the stock from KMW but the cost would be different for you, we had to pay customs, brokerage, and duties to get it into Canada.
The stock weights make it 5.5lbs but I'm not sure what it is without the lead in it.
I'm sure if you contact KMW they'll give you a price quote
cheers!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.