pet loads for 7mm rem mag

granttg

does anyone have any long range hunting loads for a 7mm rem mag sendero using 150gr scirrocos, nosler accubonds or e-tips

My 7mm loves the 160 Accubonds behind 70.2gr RL-22 and a Rem 9 1/2 primer (not the mag primer) in Norma brass with minimal jump to the lands (.005"). I shot a sub .2" group at 200yds with it recently. It's always sub .5 MOA Averages 3015fps from the 24" barrel.

AJ

Last edited:
My first 7Mag Sendero loved 67gn or RL22, fired by CCI BR2's, pushing the 150gn Nosler Ballistic Tip. It chrono'd at just under 3150fps and shot under 1/2". If the bullets weren't in the same hole they were touching. It was demise of many a crow and whitetail.
My current 7Mag (700P) loves 63.5gn of IMR4350 with the 150gn NBT using Rem 9.5M. Velocity averaged at 3275fps with this load. Accuracy is under .5". Good luck. JohnnyK.

hey guys, I switched to 67gns of rl-22 with the scirroco and can't seem to get it to within 1" at 100yds. I'm gonna be trying some 140 or 160 accubonds this weekend. Don't know which is better in my gun. 140 or 160? I would like the speed of the 140 for the long shots but don't know if I would be giving up long range accuracy over the 160. Help? As for the scirroco...is this the best I can expect? It seems this gun sould be layin' em in there. I'm shooting .25" at 100 with my dad's rem7600 in 30-06 with the 165gr accubond. I also am having trouble with the coal for my gun. The magazine is not an issue of course, but at a coal of 3.370" once i chambered the round i couldn't extract it un-fired. when i backed off to 3.365" it would extract but would still leave a scuff mark on one side of the bullet just below the ogive. What does this mean??? am I into the lands? thanks in advance and sorry for the long post.

Let me start off by saying; I have never tried the Scirocco II's...I bought some of the original Scirocco's and they shot extremely well in the Sendero that I owned and almost as well in the 700P that I have now. I used the same load data that I used for my NBT load and just changed seating depth. For the Sendero, accuracy ran about 1/4". For the 700P the COAL was much shorter and accuracy ran about .4-.5". I did try 65gn of IMR4831/CCI BR2's. Accuracy was approx. 3/4" and velocity averaged 3096.
I haven't heard alot of good since Swift went to the "II". Looks like they bonded it moreso and put a cannellure on the bullet jacket. Just my thoughts, but I think that has made accuracy suffer a bit. Not sure if the jacket material was too light or what, anyway, that's all I know about 'em. Good luck. JohnnyK.

It started out with a pretty long throat from the factory. Near the end of the barrels life I was running it out to 3.4495" according to my records. I'm thinking that was before I had my Stoney Point OAL guage. In comparison, the 700P's OAL for the same bullet/cartridge is 2.6735"...JohnnyK.

It started out with a pretty long throat from the factory. Near the end of the barrels life I was running it out to 3.4495" according to my records. I'm thinking that was before I had my Stoney Point OAL guage. In comparison, the 700P's OAL for the same bullet/cartridge is 2.6735"...JohnnyK.
yep, that's pretty close to what I've been coming up with as well. I measured mine at 3.383". so I must be close. My oal with scirocco is 3.372" that's the max I can stretch it and still be able to eject an unfired cartrige. Do you think i'm close enough to the lands at that length? I'm really thinking that the copper fouling is the problem now due to the scirocco's jacket. I'll find out Monday when i'm able to shoot again.

johnny-correction to the last post...the 3.372" was the length that stuck in the chamber. 3.363" was the max for ejection.

My favorite load is with H870 to bad they don't make it any more:mad: but I use 80.5 grs F215 with 160 gr Accubonds and oal of 3.500 and only have enough for maybe 50 more:(.

Not sure what your rifle would/will like as far as OAL goes. Each rifle's chamber is a bit different. When getting this measurement I usually take about 4-5 readings and see if any repeats. Its kinda hard sometimes to get an exact measurement, you just gotta play with it and give yourself a good feeling about it. I have to monitor my pressure at which I push the bullet to the lands. JohnnyK.

I just loaded for my cousin's original version Sendero. Straight out the Nosler manual. 68grs IMR 7828, Fed GM215m primers, Win brass, .010 off the lands, MV 3125 by drop chart! 1 3/4 inch @500 yds. Only load 8 rounds. The first 4 shot 1/4" @100 and the next 4 at 500yds. I wish I could have gotten that lucky with my own rifle!! Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.