Percoalter coffee...

Canvsbk

Just returned from Wyoming and a pronghorn hunt. Absolute fantastic time, haven't camped for quite a few years. That percolater coffee is the best, especially when you're listening to coyotes howling before dawn every morning as you drink it. We shot pdogs on the way out and after we got there. 3 days of scouting and 3 days of hunting....goes by very fast. The rut was on and it was a hoot watching them do their stuff. Very cool. Will post pics after a bit.
.308, 125BT, 125 yds DRT
.30-06, 150BT, 60 yds DRT
.25-06, 115BT, 335 yds DRT
.270, 130AB, 256 yds DRT
Also got to meet a couple LRH forum guys so that was cool too. Can't hardly wait for next year to get here.....!

I agree with you. Way too many people do their antelope hunting from the motel. They miss the best part of the hunt.

I live about 30 min at the most from where I hunt antelope. I still like to set up my little tent, sip coffee and spend the night listening to coyotes and watching the stars.

antelope%20camp.jpg

My fire is a MSR Whisperlite stove (you can see the little red fuel bottle).

I'm not into building fires in that grass. Not a lot of firewood out there either.

I,too, returned from WY late last week on my first antelope hunt. My group of 3 also camped the entire trip. I can say it definitely added to the experience as many have said. Nothing like a nice camp breakfast before you hit the two tracks after the speed goats.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.