People posting public land as "private no trespassing" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hunt around one of the biggest ranches in the US and they paint every inch they can, there is one county road to and area the size of some states that is public and they have more no trespassing and orange signs on that road just to scare people, and it works as I try to do my best it is hard not to doubt yourself. It's kinda funny when these guys try to use the "Get or I'll call the warden" and I ask them if they need the phone number cause I have it on my cell, funny but I have never had to call.
Ranchers and outfitter should have to tow the line just like the rest of us.
I'm really getting serious about getting horses and packing into some of these land locked areas, I've walked into some of them a found some amazing hunting to be had if I could get game out without ruining it.
I grew up on ranches and the older generation would be rolling over in there grave, this new generation are money grubbers who aren't happy with there 20,000 acres so they have to through there weight around, and the out of state owners are a total disaster for public hunting and access to public ground.
Wow, I need to calm down.

I've learned a thing or two from the conservationists.......

I'm going in cahoots with a local stockman. Together we are bidding and winning leases on BIA lands, public but under control of BIA.

There is some good hunting out there that has been kept away from the public for no good justification.

Idaho has an "access yes" program that is very helpful. It is funded by the super hunts, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.