Pentax Lightseeker

If i'm not mistaken, Burris supplies all of the lens to pentax. I'm not sure about anything else on them. I've allways heard that pentax was the cheap little brother of Burris. Hope this helps.

I have a older model 3x9 probably 36 or better objective Pentax scope for over 15 years and it has performed well for me, a bit dated. I also have a 4X16, I believe at least a 44 objective AO Lightseeker fine plex recticle, about 7 plus years old in 95% condition mounted on a Winchester Model 70 Heavy Varmint in the .308 Caliber. I found the light seeker to be a good quality scope for the price. I don't believe Burris makes the glass for the Pentax scopes, Burris may have made some parts for the Pentax scopes like the tubes and other such stuff. Pentax is a optics company, cameras, microscopes and so forth. There is more glass work history with Pentax than Burris. My first scope was a Pentax. I was told from the salesman when I purchased the scope that it was as good as the Leupold, but the Leupold internals were brass and the Pentax were stainless steel both with lifetime warranties. So I went with the Pentax. I have also owned the older late model Pentax compact spotting scopes and they fit my need at the time and worked well for the compact model. I have owned both the 300 and 500 model of the spotting scopes. The factory service for Pentax rifle scopes is now in Golden Colorado, I believe at least for the rifle scopes. ALTHOUGH I believe that Pentax rifle scopes were to be bought out by another Japanese optic company, I don't recall the name and don't know if that actually did occur(Within the past Year). I have had no big issues with their sport optics. I once called Pentax's local service facility which used to be in Englewood Colorado checking for parts for a 15 year old spotting scope. I was told, I would be lucky if they would have any parts for the spotting scope and if it were to come in under warranty for work they would do there best to fix any issue's that may occur. I asked if it couldn't be fixed would they replace it with a comparable spotting scope and the person didn't provide the answer I was looking for from Pextax . SO I HAVE MOVED AWAY FROM PENTAX SINCE I RECEIVE that Wishy Washy answer. Check pentaxsportoptics.com

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.