Peeonit - Part 8

Buffalobob

You know the little decals in the back window that shows the little boy peeing on Chevy Ford, Dodge etc.

Well here is a little spike deer with an attitude problem. His sister is on the right. Why is he P.O. ed? Well it is the third day of the season and I got really bored. That is bad when I get bored because I do not tolerate boredom well. So and ranged him out at 1350 yds and let fly with a 200 gr Wildcat at him. The bullet was 1.5 MOA low and blew dirt all up under his belly so he doesn't think much of my shooting ability.

The un-humorous truth is that I could not find a good place in Idaho to dial in the gun and so I had stopped out in the Wyoming Bighorn basin and dialed it in. Unfortunately, the temperatures were in the 90's and the mirage was driving me crazy so my thousand yard (1130 yd actually) dialin was really flakey. Not too mention that the 7AM does not like hot temperatures with a max load. A safe load (?) in my 240 Wby that same day was blowing primers so badly out of the pockets that I literally had to turn that gun upside down to shake the primers out of the action after extracting the case. Thus the bad dialin with Tiger Stripes and the bad miss at a very well know range. I climbed up the mountain to see the impact point relative to where the little buck was standing when I shot and then went and got within 50 yards of him to verify that he was in no way hurt. I would have felt bad to have a wounded deer wandering around. The little buck is actually scratching his ear. I usually see him and his sister and mama everyday until today. I think a guy from California shot him, yesterday. Too bad little deer, you were fun to play with.

peeonit2.jpg

Last edited:
You don't mess with us Californian, We wont hesitate to shoot anything that moves. After all driveby was invented here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif BB, if you happen to be a California hunter, any deer with horn will be a trophy. I saw guys splitting spike's horn with a saw so that it can passed as a forky. That's how desperate we are here sometimes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif And if you're planning to hunt here someday, Don't dare use those plastic tip bullet because you can be cited for hunting with non-expanding bullet. I once got cited hunting with non-expanding bullet for using Nosler Ballistic Tip. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gifGo figure!!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.