Peak Antifreeze Supports Anti-Hunters

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
The_Mountaineer
Member # 1512
posted 10-23-2003 09:14 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello LR shooters,
I wasn't too sure of where to place this but bare with me as I'll make this short and sweet. If you are a hunter you should check this out.

It appears that Peak Antifreeze is offering through a rebate offer the opportunity to donate to the American Humane Association who is strongly opposed to sport hunting, they say so themselves on their own webpage:

American Humane Assn. Against Hunting

When you buy the antifreeze, you can either receive the $$$ or send it to the AHA.

I'm usually not one to bite on these sort of things but this one kinda got me mad because I doubt if many people realize AHA is against hunting but only see them for their child protection services which is actually a pretty big joke. In their 2002 financial report they spent over $5.4 million on "animal protection" while they spent only $2.5 million on "child protection." Which is more important and should have more $$$ spent on? I'm asking. Anyhow, if you want to contact Peak and let them know you don't like the idea of supporting AHA their website is below, just send them an e-mail telling them. If not, then thanks for your time (nope, I'm not some drifting poster just passing by trying to recruit people, I've been on here for several months now).

Peak Antifreeze Website

Anyhow, y'all shot any critters at long range recently

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 55 | From: Eastern US | Registered: Jun 2003 | IP: Logged

H-BAR
Member # 1338
posted 10-23-2003 01:07 PM
Mountaineer- I tend to think that everyone on this forum has a vested interest in turning Peak around if what you say is true!
Did you bring this to the attention of the
NRA? I brought up to the NRA that AT&T gave to the Benton foundation a few years ago and after they researched it and found that it was an anti-gun movement published it in their magazines for all gun owner/NRA supporters to see. The squeeze that these companies get will sooner or later change their political views. I boycott all products/services that go against my political views. Every time you buy their products or services you support people that are against your hobbies and well being. Needless to say they are going against your rights. Hell I would boycott anything that has to do with Peak like NASCAR. The very same people that support a sport that is watched by hunting rednecks is using these peoples funds against their other hobbies/rights! They must think that us redneck are ignorant!!!! Well it is everyones time to say no we are not going to take this treatment!
Posts: 157 | From: Newburgh NY | Registered: Apr 2003 | IP: Logged

xring01
Member # 1680
posted 10-23-2003 02:05 PM
Thanks for the heads up..
I sent in my email, informing Peak that I will no longer support their products/services, until they cease their support of the American Humane Association.

Lets see if if it does any good.

[ 10-23-2003: Message edited by: xring01 ]

Posts: 10 | From: California | Registered: Sep 2003 | IP: Logged

RBrowning
Member # 411
posted 10-23-2003 06:46 PM
Did anybody ever stop to consider that their support of the Humane Society is for other reasons. The fact is that their product is very tasty to dogs and just as deadly. Something about turning their kidneys to a plastic like substance. I think that the fact that the humane society is anti-hunting isn't the issue with them. They are just trying to look like a concerned corporate citizen to those who have had their Fido keel over.
Posts: 71 | From: Jackson MI | Registered: Feb 2002 | IP: Logged

GeorgeInNePa
Member # 1192
posted 10-24-2003 04:04 AM
Well, it should be an issue for them. It's an issue for me and it will certainly cause me to buy different anti-freeze AND spark plugs.
Posts: 14 | From: Union Dale, Pa. | Registered: Feb 2003 | IP: Logged

GeorgeInNePa
Member # 1192
posted 10-24-2003 04:43 AM
Well, it should be an issue for them. It's an issue for me and it will certainly cause me to buy different anti-freeze AND spark plugs.
Posts: 14 | From: Union Dale, Pa. | Registered: Feb 2003 | IP: Logged

R Browning- Most antifreeze made today is supposed to be nontoxic. I keep a vintage supply just in case though!!! Your right they are playing to what they think is the right crowd. They do not understand that most outdoorsmen are also into NASCAR and being motorheads! They don't understand that the liberals that they intend on sucking up to are into more androgenous activities.
Liberals don't have time to shoot, hunt, fish, watch NASCAR or work on their own cars.
They are too busy trying to run everyone elses life in some queer fashion!!!!!!

response on a hutning forum this guy recieved

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> It has recently come to our attention that the hunting community is upset
about one of our company?s products, Sierra antifreeze, which has a
sponsorship with the American Humane Association (AHA). Our intention with
getting involved with the AHA several years ago, was to bring awareness to
families of pets and children about a safer antifreeze, Sierra, due to it?s
less toxic nature vs. conventional ethylene glycol based antifreeze. Every
year approximately 100,000 pets/animals die from ingesting conventional
antifreeze off of garage floors and driveways. The objective was awareness
of a safer solution to this, not to alienate the hunting and outdoorsman
community. Unknown to us, the AHA has apparently taken some active stances
against certain rights of hunters. Upon hearing this, we have made a
decision to sever our sponsorship with the AHA. Thank you for bringing
this to our attention and we hope you?ll continue to support Old World
Industries products like Sierra antifreeze and other PEAK performance
products.

Sincerely,
Sierra Antifreeze
Back to: Inbox <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HOTELS BACK ANTI-HUNTERS

There are no rooms at Motel 6, Red Roof Inn or Studio 6 motels for sportsmen, now that the chain's parent company, Accor Economy Lodging, has reportedly entered into an agreement with the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), an avowed animal rights organization.

That seems to be the sentiment of the US Sportsman's Alliance (USSA), which has "voiced its displeasure" to Accor about the agreement, according to a USSA news release.

Accor is supporting the HSUS "Pets for Life" and "Disaster Recovery" efforts. The motel operator has contributed to and will support the HSUS efforts, causing the USSA to respond by urging the chain to end the agreement because the animal rights group is anti-hunting.

Outdoorsmen and women can sound off by contacting: George Le Mener, president and CEO of Accor Economy Lodging, PO Box 809092, Dallas, TX 95380.

This can be found on the Ted Nugent web site.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.