Patriot or Traitor

I hope it doesn't come to this either, but this guy is a little off ballance in my opinion. Preaching that states should succeed, my god man.

We are the United States of America, not the United countries of America. I agree that it would be unconstitutional to simply take away our right to have firearms, but our government is designed to handle things in a certain manner.

The truth is that states have only so much power. Our country was purposely designed that way ever since we got rid of the Articles of Confederation (which failed miserably by the way). So I think this guy is comming close to commiting treason by showing himself as a military man, even though I am a proud gun owner and believe vary strongly that I, being a responsible and respectful citizen, have the right to own firearms.

This guy apparently knows little of the growth our country went through after the articles of confederation.

What the heck are the states going to do if the suceed??

People are complaining about the lack of protective geer for the military in the United states. Is Oklahoma going to come up with the 50 billion in research and development for a new stealth plain? Or the 3.5 million apiece for each tank, 47 million for new fighter plains? the untold amount of money for the interstate highways??

Face it, the states are well intigrated and cutting themselves off of the federal govn't is going to do a lot of damage.

10th Amendment
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

We are the United States of America, not the United countries of America. I agree that it would be unconstitutional to simply take away our right to have firearms, but our government is designed to handle things in a certain manner.

The truth is that states have only so much power. Our country was purposely designed that way ever since we got rid of the Articles of Confederation (which failed miserably by the way). So I think this guy is comming close to commiting treason by showing himself as a military man, even though I am a proud gun owner and believe vary strongly that I, being a responsible and respectful citizen, have the right to own firearms.

This guy apparently knows little of the growth our country went through after the articles of confederation.

What the heck are the states going to do if the suceed??

People are complaining about the lack of protective geer for the military in the United states. Is Oklahoma going to come up with the 50 billion in research and development for a new stealth plain? Or the 3.5 million apiece for each tank, 47 million for new fighter plains? the untold amount of money for the interstate highways??

Face it, the states are well intigrated and cutting themselves off of the federal govn't is going to do a lot of damage.

I'd gladly give up every dollar, plane, tank etc. for freedom and no I do not consider us a truly free country any longer. We haven't been truly free in a very long time. If you ask me no price is too great for freedom. IMO the democratic party is anti american as it is pretty much the opposite of what our country was founded on according to the mission statement. Unfortunatly even some of the republicans have lost sight.

I call this man a Patriot, if it makes me a traitor to say so tuff S%!).

Well it looks as if I may be in the minority here... oh well, I guess I can agree to disagree.

I can't help from looking back on the times the federal govn't was needed to protect the people from the states: Slavery, voting rights, Women's rights, Racism in our schools... It is true that the fed has no power unitil the majority of the states say it does. But over the past couple hundred years the fed has gotten much much stronger. There have been many instances of strengthening Federal power over the years like the Louisiana Purchase, Civil War, Whiskey rebellion, Civil rights movement, Federal trust breaking, Federal researve system, TVA, Natianal park service, FDA... THe list goes on. There were some good, some bad, but it is a long and drawn out process that is going through another period of acceloration lately.

"10th Amendment
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people." This is making a chain of command so to speak.

This whole arguement about state and federal power is as old as the United States is itself!

I'd gladly give up every dollar, plane, tank etc. for freedom and no I do not consider us a truly free country any longer. We haven't been truly free in a very long time. If you ask me no price is too great for freedom. IMO the democratic party is anti american as it is pretty much the opposite of what our country was founded on according to the mission statement. Unfortunatly even some of the republicans have lost sight.

I call this man a Patriot, if it makes me a traitor to say so tuff S%!).

I respect your love for "freedom"; however, it is those expensive military pieces that actually support our freedom.

Our new president said he was a citizen of the world........... Well i'm sure he is. He's still a muslim to me !!!!!! I proudly say that i'm a citizen of the united states of america not of the world !! I say patriot america needs to wake up the bible says before the lord comes back that there will be a one world order . Now think about this group ( united nations) our country is full of liberals who stand by and want to hold hands with everything.....

Living in any country is a give and take relationship. We all have to pick our breaking point. I am not willing to throw 230+ years of fairly successful republic rule away just yet. Guys, Obama has 4 years... lots more on the table other than gun control. I'm not saying that we shouldn't be concerned but I'm not going to sign another declaration of independence just yet lol!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.