Partion=lack of blood trail

EastHunter

Some hunter y know sai they got no blood trail with nosler partion(either game). Is that happen to you? Not to me. The lack of blood most seem to
come from heart "problème"..... If you got any info or story about it

Some hunter y know sai they got no blood trail with nosler partion(either game). Is that happen to you? Not to me. The lack of blood most seem to
come from heart "problème"..... If you got any info or story about it

My motto (though it doesn't always happen) is if you put the bullet where it belongs, you don't need a blood trail. I try to hit the shoulder. If I want a blood trail, I shoot an arrow. :D

That said, I did have a talk with Eric Albus in MT years ago. We were discussing the various bullets and his opinion was that the partition was "too good a bullet.....blows right through and sometimes game runs a ways." He is the first person that I've heard state such.

100% with you DerekM. Good shoot placement is the key arrow or bullet.
A game can't run away if the bullet "passe throught" the right place.

I have opened HUGE holes in certain critters that DO NOT bleed externally. Their fat plugs the holes and you dont get no blood trails, pass throughs or not. Its fact of life. Fat and hair can plug holes and there be no trail. Maybe its just sitka blacktails and elk, but I never seem to get much blood on the ground after wacking one. Lots of blood in the chest cavity though.

Put it in the right spot (like was mentioned B4) and you dont need a trail.

I have opened HUGE holes in certain critters that DO NOT bleed externally. Their fat plugs the holes and you dont get no blood trails, pass throughs or not. Its fact of life. Fat and hair can plug holes and there be no trail. Maybe its just sitka blacktails and elk, but I never seem to get much blood on the ground after wacking one. Lots of blood in the chest cavity though.

Put it in the right spot (like was mentioned B4) and you dont need a trail.
Same here shot a 150# buck this year at 125 yards with a 270 win. pass thru. Saw all four feet go off the ground couldn't find a drop of blood. Finally spomped around the woods for an hour and found him 100 yards away. back tracked some looking for blood but the only blood I found was where he died and was a puddle barely the size of my fist. When I dressed him out the bullet had made pudding of the lungs and taken the top of the heart out. He was fat and with no heart left to pump there was no pressure to push the blood out.

I have never had a problem following a Nosler PT induced blood trail.
I too prefer the high lung shot or shoulder shot so there usually isn't even a tracking job required.

JD338

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.