Pamela Anderson: Grand Marshall for Nextel Cup Race

birdhunter88

I am calling for all NASCAR Fans and Outdoors People to boycott watching the Saturday night race on FOX. Pamela Anderson is a outspoken member of PETA and for Nextel to make her a Grand Marshall for such an event is a Slap in the face for NASCAR Fans and Outdoorspeople in General. Spread the word.... email Nextel and FOX......... Voice you opposition to PAM and get her "BOOTED" from the Race.

bird

Anderson, Hamilton headline All-Star event
From Press Release
May 18, 2005
01:44 PM EDT (17:44 GMT)

Nextel Communications Inc. announced Wednesday that Hollywood actress Pamela Anderson will serve as the Grand Marshal of the 21st NASCAR NEXTEL All-Star Challenge at Lowe's Motor Speedway on Saturday, May 21 (7:00 p.m., EDT on FX). R&B Vocalist Anthony Hamilton will sing the National Anthem prior to the start of the marquee sports event, which awards $1 million to the race winner.

Pamela Anderson Credit: Courtesy of FOX

Currently producer and star of the FOX comedy series "Stacked", which was recently renewed for its second season, Anderson was born in Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada, and began her Hollywood career in 1991 when she was hired to play "Lisa" on Home Improvement. The following year Anderson received her most famous role, playing "C.J. Parker" on Baywatch. In 1998, she worked as the executive producer and star of V.I.P. A film actress as well, Anderson has starred in movies including The Taking of Beverly Hills, The Evolution of Mr. E., and Barb Wire.

I don't see the correlation between Nascar and the outdoors. Nascar is the antithisis of everything I value in the outdoors. It's loud, crowded, expensive, polluting, and it's a spectator activity. I enjoy hunting and the outdoors because they are not like Nascar.

Thats your opinion, but still there are many Outdoorspeople who are NASCAR fans. And to have Pam baby be a Grand Marshall is an insult to those of us who are fans of the sport.

bird

Troutslayer,
I couldn't agree more. The left hand turn spectator sport is second only to ice skating in mind numbing!

However, for some reasons lost to me, it seems to have some correlation to outdoorsmen across the country-particularly back east. Maybe it's the Remington sponsored car, anyway, if Pam is running the show and she IS a PETA supporter, then that makes the organizers of the event as fake as Pam's chest! Maybe it should be boycotted.

Regardless that somebody can, or cannot see the connection, because of her close association with PETA, Anderson is a crummy choice, for any high profile event. Why afford her, or PETA a National stage to promote their extremist views?

By the way, even a blind man could see the connection to Red States, hunting, camo, red neck NASCAR stock car racing.

Draft Nugent!

Good hunting. LB

Yep, Letting a P.E.T.A. supporter host a NASCAR race is like letting a member of E.L.F. entertain the customers of a honky tonk bar. PETA has nothing to do with racing but it does have alot to do with the hunting a high precentage of the spectators do legaly and ethicaly when they are not watching the races. Likewise the Environmental Libreation Front has nothing to do with drinking beer but they have alot to do with the pickups and SUVs in the bars parking lot.

[ QUOTE ]
By the way, even a blind man could see the connection to Red States, hunting, camo, red neck NASCAR stock car racing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I must be blind then. I just can't see why these sports are linked. If someone saw me in my camo and asked which car or driver I liked, I would be insulted. I am not a redneck, or a redneck hunter. I am a precision oriented, factual based, ballistically scientific shooter and hunter and that in no way shape or form orients me with left hand circle turning. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Help the blind to see then, because I think that is a rediculous statement. Are you saying that all red necks like Nascar, or all Nascar fans are red necks? I am from a red state, does that mean I have some connection to Nascar? What do politics have to do with Nascar anyway?

I think I read somewhere that sportsmen lost a significant amount of hunting area and access when Nascar built a new track on the east coast.

Birdhunter

All of the Roush Fords are in the race. You are asking a lot for a boycott. No matter, duty calls anyway and I am going to be up on the Yough with my son all weekend camping out and rafting so I will boycott for you.

Built up my 5.0 with GT40 parts but Roush makes some good parts and their tuner mustang is sharp. Have to run Cats on my car so can't get very much noise out of it. When I go down to the dragstrip is just doesn't sound right. No mind, my son's 454 will be street legal with longtube headers and sidepipes and will make some noise when and if we ever get it done.

You ever watch the old Robert Mitchum movie "Thunder Road"? As a boy I was restricted by my Dad on which farms I could hunt on because those farms that had stills on them were dangerous to be shooting squirrels on because they would mistake you for the revenoors and shoot back.

What kind of birds do you hunt? Phesants? I sorely miss bird hunting? I have a little 20ga SKB 600 O/U that has accounted for its share of quail and a few phesants.

I think this whole mess with Pamela Anderson is Ian M's fault for ever letting her out of Canada.

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I must be blind then. I just can't see why these sports are linked. If someone saw me in my camo and asked which car or driver I liked, I would be insulted. I am not a redneck, or a redneck hunter. I am a precision oriented, factual based, ballistically scientific shooter and hunter and that in no way shape or form orients me with left hand circle turning.

[/ QUOTE ] Goodgrouper you make yet another great point! I live in what I believe to be nascar country yet I could care less who wins most of the time. I am not quite as scientific as yourself and have some HI TECH REDNECK pumping through my veins but still I can't see the connection. When people ask me who I want to win I always ask them what difference it makes? I will never see any of the money they make. I'm not anti nascar, to each his own and do whatever makes you happy.

You're the one with the rediculous statement, pal. You must be the type that wouldn't raise a peep if the antis took away shotguns and handguns, as long as they left your precious precision gear alone.

Giving that woman a National audience for her PETA views is the topic, not expounding on your indifference to NASCAR racing.

A thousand cuts, my friend, and you seem quite willing to help ....because it's no sweat off your nose. Wake up! A blind man can see the problem; no need to pick a fight with others (here) of the same persuasion. I made no direct insult to you, if you see yourself as blind or braindead, I could care less. More the pity. Dittos the other guy. LB

Ha! Just because I don't want to be called a redneck Nascar fan because I like hunting, I'm on the wrong side? Pam Anderson is also in Playboy, are you boycotting that too? I'm on your side, I HEREBY BOYCOTT ALL NASCAR EVENTS FROM NOW ON, OR UNTIL SPOKESMODELS CUT ALL TIES WITH ECO-TERRORISM! Now my motorhome will sit unused all summer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I apologize, I don't mean to **** you off. Actually, I am also indifferent to NASCAR, never interested me. But, a lot of guys do, and we know where they are, and MANY of them hunt and are sportsmen. I believe in sticking together on the issue. The issue is, that woman is our enemy. She wants your hunting privilages, your guns and your RV. The fact that she has a nice rack is immaterial. She also has the morals of an alley cat.

Good hunting. LB

I don't agree with Pam's way of thinking either. I believe anyone that stands for anything that is related to PETA deserves to be boycotted entirely. I was merely stating that I do not, I repeat, do not want to be stereotyped a Nascar fan just because I love guns and hunting. Guns have no more to do with Nascar than they do with golf, bowling, or knitting. On the flip side of my coin, there are probably many Nascar fans who are as turned off about hunting as I am about Nascar! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.