painting

McDewbie

pretty sure this is the wrong forum, but alas I couldnt find anythingmore suitable, and this one seems to have high traffic. I will be getting my rifle licence soon (YAY. I live in canada, we need a licence...) and I am planning on painting my gun, as most of the hunting i will be doing will be in the snow, and black isnt the best colour in the snow. so when painting, where do i not want to paint? and how should I do it? can I paint the barrel? etc etc.
Thanks, Evan

Don't paint any moveing parts or inside of the action, or muzzle crown. Personally I would use a good homemade pull over sock or snow camo tape, that way you can change your colors and wont end up looking like an icecream cone in the summer time.

Check out McNett Camo Form. It's a self clinging wrap and it comes in a snow camo. I use it to wrap some of my hunting stuff and it works great. Be sure to check around on prices, there's a big difference from place to place.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.