Paint?

270 win

Anyone on here paint a rifle before? I've done some reading on the subject and am seriously thinking about doing it.

Been offering duracoat for about three years now with over 150 rifles done to date.Holds up extremely well where are you located? If your wanting to have a rifle done pm me for details on colors and pricing and pics.

270WIN,
I use LIC 43 made by a company called VALSPAR, its made in the US so I hope you can get it.

A very tough product, I have used it on my 338 LM, a 300 RUM 300WSM to name a few.
Great product.

Regards 300WSMMAD

Did you spray he entire rifle? (action,barrel,scope)

I did it to two different rifles. The first was a 22LR. I masked off the power numbers on the scope and the Turrets. I also masked off the parallax number on the Objective ring. Then I sprayed the whole rifle. I did mask off the bolt openings and put playdoh in the barrel. I masked off the safety as well. Sprayed with primer first and then started the camo process. On the other rifle I only sprayed the barrel and bottom metal.

Snapfish: Share Photo:Registration

Tank

I did it to two different rifles. The first was a 22LR. I masked off the power numbers on the scope and the Turrets. I also masked off the parallax number on the Objective ring. Then I sprayed the whole rifle. I did mask off the bolt openings and put playdoh in the barrel. I masked off the safety as well. Sprayed with primer first and then started the camo process. On the other rifle I only sprayed the barrel and bottom metal.

Snapfish: Share Photo:Registration

Tank

Now, if I paint the barrel and action as well, will it help to prevent rust, or will it speed it up because i can not oil it?

Now, if I paint the barrel and action as well, will it help to prevent rust, or will it speed it up because i can not oil it?

It shouldn't rust at all really. I used a primer coat first. Then using the exterior designed paint, should repel moisture. I haven't found any rust on my rifles yet. Just make sure you ruff the surface with a fine grit sandpaper to give the paint something to stick too. The smith that sand blasted my barrel told me to heat the barrel up with a torch so it is warm to the touch. He said that will help it stick better. I didn't heat it up that much for fear of messing with the strength of the metal. I also removed the action and barrel from the stock so that it was fully coated.

Tank

It shouldn't rust at all really. I used a primer coat first. Then using the exterior designed paint, should repel moisture. I haven't found any rust on my rifles yet. Just make sure you ruff the surface with a fine grit sandpaper to give the paint something to stick too. The smith that sand blasted my barrel told me to heat the barrel up with a torch so it is warm to the touch. He said that will help it stick better. I didn't heat it up that much for fear of messing with the strength of the metal. I also removed the action and barrel from the stock so that it was fully coated.

Tank

Thanks for all the advice!

Well I have decided that I will order some Armacoat and will try and post some pics when everything falls into place. gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.