Pages slow to load

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Len Backus, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

We seem to be having an intermittent problem. We are in contact with our service provider. They have given us very good service over the years and this weems to be an exception.

Are others experiencing the same thing...5 seconds or more to load a page on my cable modem connection?

2. Ballistic64

Ballistic64 Well-Known Member

Yep,same thing here Len.

3. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

It comes and goes. Usually it is fine. Other sites are normal speed to load (high speed connection) when this site is slow. It feels like it is a line overload into and out of the server. I suspect the service provider knows they are operating at the margins but haven't decided to upgrade the bottleneck yet.

4. goodgrouper

goodgrouper Well-Known Member

It's taking 30-45 seconds on good ol' dial up! Usually it takes 6-10 seconds.

5. jb1000br

jb1000br Well-Known Member

50 seconds to get to this thread...on a FAST connection

bet the cache is full...getting worse by the minute...WOW

6. Fiftydriver

Fiftydriver <strong>Official LRH Sponsor</strong>

Same problem for the last few days, seems better today though.

Kirby Allen(50)

7. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

Len:

Looks like you talked to the right people. It's smoking now. Has been slow lately but now it's back to click, click, click, just like changing channels on the tv.(high speed cable connection)

Thanks!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. lovdasnow

lovdasnow Well-Known Member

ya I was going to start a post about this, it seems a little better today, but still compared to other sites it seems slower. good luck, maybe we're getting to many people on board... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks for the post, Len. Thought it was my computer or internet connection. Tryed to post this morning but couldn't. Was very slow. Everything seems to be normal now.

10. LB

LB Well-Known Member

I have not noticed a problem? I get pretty near instantaneous response, and I check in almost every day. LB