Pages slow to load

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
We seem to be having an intermittent problem. We are in contact with our service provider. They have given us very good service over the years and this weems to be an exception.

Are others experiencing the same thing...5 seconds or more to load a page on my cable modem connection?

It comes and goes. Usually it is fine. Other sites are normal speed to load (high speed connection) when this site is slow. It feels like it is a line overload into and out of the server. I suspect the service provider knows they are operating at the margins but haven't decided to upgrade the bottleneck yet.

50 seconds to get to this thread...on a FAST connection

bet the cache is full...getting worse by the minute...WOW

Len:

Looks like you talked to the right people. It's smoking now. Has been slow lately but now it's back to click, click, click, just like changing channels on the tv.(high speed cable connection)

Thanks!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ya I was going to start a post about this, it seems a little better today, but still compared to other sites it seems slower. good luck, maybe we're getting to many people on board... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thanks for the post, Len. Thought it was my computer or internet connection. Tryed to post this morning but couldn't. Was very slow. Everything seems to be normal now.

I have not noticed a problem? I get pretty near instantaneous response, and I check in almost every day. LB

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.