Pact powder dispenser

Okiehunter

If anyone has positive or negative advise please let me know. I have heard that the RCBS is probably the best but I don't reload in a large volume and would like to know if this product is acceptable. Thanks in advance for your input.

Have been using the scale and powder measure combo for years now and besides being alittle slow has been a great product. I hear the new one is much faster and is one unit. The old version is two units/power supplies. Tod

I have the dispenser/scale combo. I would be lost without it. It is a little slow(PACT will speed up the old ones to the speed of the new ones if you send it to them), but it is highly accurate. I have nothing negative to say about mine.

Chris

Accurate to .1 grain? This is what RCBS also claims. I have found that to be an incorrect statement. After the powder charge is dropped, I lift the pan off of the scale, let it zero and then put it back on the scale. The charge is incorrect 95% of the time and is anywhere from -.3 to +.3.

The way that I handle this (my problem) is that if I want a powder charge to weigh 67 grains, I set the weight to 65 grains. Once the charge is dropped, I lift it off of the scale, let it zero, and then re-weigh it and make the adjustments.

I really appreciate the information. I have never used or been around one although I have reloaded for well, longer than I want to admit. When you gentlemen speak of it being slow... just how slow is slow? 10 sec., 30 sec., 60 sec. average per load. Thanks again for your input.

Bought myself one for Christmas. Yes, I read some of the reviews, but this was 2/3rds the price of the RCBS and the time has not been an issue. Have loaded over 100 cases so far and checked it against an Ohaus every 10 or so. You may have to adjust up or down a grain or two for consistency and the units have to be placed on a solid surface. Yes, I would purchase again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

W,

I have none of those problems with the RCBS. It comes up to weight and stays there. I've compared it against my old Ohaus (a fairly cheap one back in 'the day'. They disagree by 0.2 grain but I don't know which one is correct. Actually it doesn't make any difference. One of these days I'll check it against my neighbor's big fancy one.

I would really like to figure out how to program it to get an extra decimal point as I am confident that it is sensitive to that level but would think that RCBS wouldn't back it to that degree of accuracy. But I'm bettin you coul tell if you had a light or heavy 67 grains.....

I haven't had any trouble form my Pact. I have had it for more than 5 years, but I don't remember exactly how long.

I tried what W was commenting about last night while loading some ammo. Everytime I took the pan off the scale and put it back on, it gave me the same weight reading. No variances were noted.

Chris

I've had the "newer faster Pact" since they introduced it and gave a discount for buying the new one direct from Pact, and havn't seen ANY problems with being off even .1gr.

I never timed it but it's fast enough that it waits on me and I don't wait on it... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

$bob$

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.