pac nor barrels

Dave King

I've had a lot of their barels, probably on the order of a dozen rifles with Pac Nor polygonal rifling over the lsat few years. Accuracy is great for the type rifle I get, tactical types. Most easily perform in the .5 MOA arena.

Call Jim at Tac-Ord, they use a LOT of Pac Nor barrels... http://www.tac-ord.com/

Jon,

I just had them do a 6.5-284 for me on a rem 700 action, ive only been able to shoot it about 30 times so far, the last 5 shot group with it was .28, they did very good work and the turn around time was good, From now on all my guns are going to have their barrels.

Good shootin
Brian

Ive been looking at pack nor barrels to rebarrel my rifle. They seem to have good prices, alittle less that some others like shilen or hart, and the same tolerances on thier super match barrels. I also like that they will true the action and install the barrel instead of just sending you the blank and you get some local gunsmith to do it, get it all done at one place.
What kind of accuracy are thier stainless super match barrels capable of when installed by them on a model 700 and free floated in a fibergalss stock with pilars? Does anybody have any experience iwth thier work?

I have 3 PacNor tubes myself,..and they all perform very well. I will be buying more of them.
cool.gif

I had pac-nor rebarrel a rem 700 in 300 weatherby. They did a good job and would use them again. I have 2 other pac-nor barrels and my future barrels will all be pac-nors.

I have several pac/nor barrels, put them on my self, but am sure they could do great job for you.The barrels I have from them are great shoot one holers @ 100yds and sub-sub
most every where else. You could probably spend more money for a barrel but I doubt if you would get a better barrel. I have a good friend that has 60 + and they all shoot really tight groups!

Have had a few Pac-Nor blanks I welded lugs on for Encore pistols. Shot very well actually.

However a couple years ago the barrel makers at Montana walked out the door and bought Harry McGowens barrel machines. AT $92. for a 17" blank that shoot tiny little groups I haven't looked anywhere else. I have about 15 barrels from them now and every one of them shoot exceptional. Oh, nearly forgot that the $92. includes any taper, crown and threaded for my Savages.

406-755-4907 Fast turn around is the key for me.

Neal

One thing you will find with Pac-nor is great customer service. I had some issues with a barrel they did and they took care of it without question!

The new barrel that they gave me has repeatedly shoot in the .4 range" at 200 yards. Its is 6.5X284. For a hunting rig I would use them again.

Penny, Amy, and Casey have been great to work with.

Willys46,

Pac-nor's are ok barrels, however, they're not even close to Bartleins, Kriegers or Liljas. I would spend the extra money and buy a Bartlein, Krieger or Lilja.

Pac-nor's are ok barrels, however, they're not even close to Bartleins, Kriegers or Liljas. I would spend the extra money and buy a Bartlein, Krieger or Lilja.

So you have a pac-nor barrel?

What did you find about it that was just "Okay"? Accuracy, fit & finish, ease of cleaning, etc?

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts